OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the wife and I, we are working in Alabama, but we will have a couple of days off. That is thanks to the holiday and FedEx being sucky about shipping hard drives to us from the office. We were supposed to get them while we were in Tuscaloosa, but now we have moved on to another city, but the hard drives apparently haven't moved at all. The company has sent some more drives, and the wife even got online and ordered more from Amazon.

We might be able to get back to work on Tuesday, if the drives arrive early enough. Otherwise, it will probably be Wednesday before we can get back to work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to see they have "fenced" along the pathway at the sculptures. In the past, even with signs stating to STAY OFF THE STATUES, people still had to have their way and climb all over those.

Next time you are down there and feel like walking a bit, walk around the end of the canal and walk up the length of the Bricktown Canal. There are some more interesting statues there as well.
We actually walked under I-40 which is a short walk, and did a lot of the canal. Great day to walk in the low 70's. Bicycles were a major issue.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,

We left Gatlinburg at 6:30 ET this morning and pulled in here about an hour ago (13 hours).
We made good time coming back. Not nearly as much construction coming back and it was pretty easy getting through Memphis with the I40 bridge detour.

Hope everybody had a great Memorial Day!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I've decided how I'm gonna refinish the M1 stock that I got for the 10/22. Gonna try the fake tiger stripe wood grain process shown in the video below. The stain color will be "Provencial" with a pure tung oil finish. In my mind, it's gonna turn out great! I guess we'll see how it turns out next week!

Fake Tiger Stripe Wood Grain // How To - Bing video

Post pic's when you finish....I'd like to see how it turns out

Been tinkering on this for a couple of days. Ended up using the Provencial stain as the background and then went over that with a Cherry stain. Got one coat of Tung Oil on it now --- should be ready for the next coat later this evening or in the morning. The color is exactly what I had in mind, even if the 'look' isn't perfect. These shouldn't be perfect anyway. Picts in a day or two.

:flamed:

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,

We left Gatlinburg at 6:30 ET this morning and pulled in here about an hour ago (13 hours).
We made good time coming back. Not nearly as much construction coming back and it was pretty easy getting through Memphis with the I40 bridge detour.

Hope everybody had a great Memorial Day!
Glad you made it back from your trip safely....

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished product.....call me satisfied for a first attempt at the tiger striping. Next one will be much better --- will start the wire wrapping at the butt end instead of the fore. Also, the wood had more natural graining than I figured it would.

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

It's much better than the purplish/red solid finish that was on it! And, it'll be a lot more durable.

@hotrod

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished product.....call me satisfied for a first attempt at the tiger striping. Next one will be much better --- will start the wire wrapping at the butt end instead of the fore. Also, the wood had more natural graining than I figured it would.

View attachment 208296

View attachment 208297

It's much better than the purplish/red solid finish that was on it! And, it'll be a lot more durable.

@hotrod

Looks fantastic....your a true artist........!!!:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom