OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw the new Twisters movie at the Imax yesterday. Rarely is a sequel as good as the first but this one does it. Maybe even better than the first.

I’m eager to see it.

I’ve been a utility actor the past several years here in Oklahoma and was recruited to work on it. I’ll be looking to see if any of my scenes survive the editing room floor.

I also did a small amount of stunt driving on the show.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NO CHIT?!? :ooh2:

For real.

First scene I was an old boomer in the rodeo stands. When the tornado sirens go off everyone except me gets up and runs for cover. I sat there and acted like ‘I’ve been thru this a million times. I’m not getting up and running off like a scaredy cat.’

Next scene same rodeo but after the tornado is basically on top of it I’m stunt driving an old blue GMC pickup thru the crowd. I hit a couple 2 or 3 stunt folks running thru the parking lot.

Last scene was the same tornado but after it hit. I’m stumbling around the wreckage of a hotel. Ambulance, Fire Dept. and weather reporters all around me.

All were filmed in Spencer, OK.

No credit but elevated pay on all three scenes.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For real.

First scene I was an old boomer in the rodeo stands. When the tornado sirens go off everyone except me gets up and runs for cover. I sat there and acted like ‘I’ve been thru this a million times. I’m not getting up and running off like a scaredy cat.’

Next scene same rodeo but after the tornado is basically on top of it I’m stunt driving an old blue GMC pickup thru the crowd. I hit a couple 2 or 3 stunt folks running thru the parking lot.

Last scene was the same tornado but after it hit. I’m stumbling around the wreckage of a hotel. Ambulance, Fire Dept. and weather reporters all around me.

I saw you. Asked the wife “isn’t that the XYZ dude sitting in the stands, good grief”.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For real.

We will be looking for ya!

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw you. Asked the wife “isn’t that the XYZ dude sitting in the stands, good grief”.

This was in July before the writers strike. I was the old know it all Boomer in this scene.
IMG_7459.jpeg

These were in December after all the other strikes as they finished up in record time.
IMG_7464.jpeg

After the tornado hit the stands.

IMG_7462.jpeg

The hotel that was getting destroyed in phases.

IMG_7466.jpeg

Me standing around freezing my cahonies off between scenes.

Last edited:

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I touring around northern Oklahoma this week and visited the Wooloroc. There was a mountain man camping on-site. Was talking with him about guns and such, and he loaded up his circa 1826 type musket and let me shoot a round from it. I think he said it was a 68 or 72 caliber lead shot. I actually hit the target ! No rifling, no sites, easy trigger pull, and surprisingly not much recoil. But the musket weighed alot. Fun unique experience.

Also. Their museum was great. The gun collection on the lower level is outstanding !

Attachments

• mountain man.jpg
    mountain man.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Black powder musket.jpg
    Black powder musket.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom