OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a few more photos of Montana besides Clark Fork River, but I haven't uploaded them to Smugmug yet, so here you get another of the river.

I want to fish that stream.

When I get near water I want to get in it.
All these water pictures but no one frolicking in it.
At 45 degrees or so, there won't be much frolicking. A guy would go in like a king but come out looking like a queen if you know where I mean....

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No factory loads to buy? I'm not set up to reload .410, just 12 ga.
I’m set up to load 12, 20, and now 410. I picked a MEC 600 set up for 3” 410 in the last lot of hulls, wads, powder, and shot I bought at an estate sale.
Yeah, I could’ve and probably should’ve just bought factory TSS 410 ammo, but I love shotgun reloading and decided to go down the rabbit hole.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TSS shot has really been a game changer for .410.

I’ll check into that. Thanks.

To be honest I’m at a point where I just want to spend time in the field. But given the opportunity I’d prefer to have as good a chance as I can. 😉

ETA

I pretty much got out of shotgun reloading when the grandkids entered my world.

But over the years I managed to collect LEE Whack-A-Mole reloading kits for 12, 16, 20, & 410. So if I ever get the desire and time/energy I guess I could crank some out.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I grew up within about two blocks from the Santa Fe railway going through town and 3/4 of a mile from the tracks of the MK&T, I've always had an interest in railroading. Since Oklahoma City has the Oklahoma Railway Museum, I've made a couple of trips out there. Here is an image from inside one of their caboose cars, taken from up near the cupola.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our Summer job has taken us to North Dakota this year to work the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, which is largely made up of that state's badlands. First time ever for me to be in North Dakota.

We had a rock chip in the windshield fixed in Montana, and the guy that did it said that the badlands were OK, but the rest of the state wasn't all that great. That said, at my age, we may never get to ND again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom