OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Morning y’all!!!
I texted pictures to a couple friends, but I just realized I hadn’t posted a picture of my grandson on here. When we first got to see him Monday evening, I knew my wife was dying to get her hands on him, so I let her have that time. I finally got to hold him Tuesday before we headed home. My wife has plans to go stay with them after our son goes back to work, but I have no idea when I’ll get to see him again.
View attachment 445842
CONGRATULATOINS!!!!!! Such a handsome baby.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Banged myself up pretty good yesterday morning.

Ran a couple of errands then pulled in the self serve car wash to wash the truck off and was being super careful because their was some icy spots in the bay.....got completely done and as I was hanging the wand back up I went down.

Fell on my left hip and slid on the ice about up under the bed of the truck and finally stopped sliding with exhaust fumes blowing on the right side of my face.....not knowing what I was grabbing or caring at that point I pulled myself out from under the truck, got to my feet and still headed to Atwoods about 1 1/2 miles away which was my last stop of the morning.

Walked into Atwoods and one of the gals I joke with was on the front register and she said loudly, "Ike do you know you're hand is dripping blood ?".

I'm thinking that whatever I grabbed to pull myself out from under the truck was sharp and may have been the fender panel and I cut both my forefinger and middle finger really wide and deep and because my hip was hurting and still being rattled from the fall I didn't even notice the pain from the cuts and they were both dripping blood at a pretty good rate.

The gal at Atwoods took me back to the restroom and got me cleaned up the best she could, double band-aided both fingers and I came on home.....they were mopping up blood in the area by the registers when I left and when I got in the truck I saw blood all over the steering wheel and floor mats and saw blood as well on my jeans and coat.

Needless to say I didn't get hardly any sleep last night and getting around this morning is a real bear.....Tylenol doesn't touch the discomfort, I do have some Loritab in the house but I hate to take it because it really plugs me up.

The wife is after me to go to the ER for xrays to see if it cracked or broke my hip, it feels like my left knee may have got tweaked a bit also, but unless things get worse I'm not.

My buddy and I had made plans to go duck hunting in the morning but it looks like my duck season is over for this year.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Banged myself up pretty good yesterday morning.

Ran a couple of errands then pulled in the self serve car wash to wash the truck off and was being super careful because their was some icy spots in the bay.....got completely done and as I was hanging the wand back up I went down.

Fell on my left hip and slid on the ice about up under the bed of the truck and finally stopped sliding with exhaust fumes blowing on the right side of my face.....not knowing what I was grabbing or caring at that point I pulled myself out from under the truck, got to my feet and still headed to Atwoods about 1 1/2 miles away which was my last stop of the morning.

Walked into Atwoods and one of the gals I joke with was on the front register and she said loudly, "Ike do you know you're hand is dripping blood ?".

I'm thinking that whatever I grabbed to pull myself out from under the truck was sharp and may have been the fender panel and I cut both my forefinger and middle finger really wide and deep and because my hip was hurting and still being rattled from the fall I didn't even notice the pain from the cuts and they were both dripping blood at a pretty good rate.

The gal at Atwoods took me back to the restroom and got me cleaned up the best she could, double band-aided both fingers and I came on home.....they were mopping up blood in the area by the registers when I left and when I got in the truck I saw blood all over the steering wheel and floor mats and saw blood as well on my jeans and coat.

Needless to say I didn't get hardly any sleep last night and getting around this morning is a real bear.....Tylenol doesn't touch the discomfort, I do have some Loritab in the house but I hate to take it because it really plugs me up.

The wife is after me to go to the ER for xrays to see if it cracked or broke my hip, it feels like my left knee may have got tweaked a bit also, but unless things get worse I'm not.

My buddy and I had made plans to go duck hunting in the morning but it looks like my duck season is over for this year.
Dang it boy! I hate to hear this. Given that you’re up and getting around, I would be surprised if anything is broke and wouldn’t go to the ER either. I’ll be praying for your comfort and healing. :thumb:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to mention this but I have taken on the position if the Wagoner County chapter coordinator for OK2A. Our first meeting is tomorrow at 1 PM at Jefe's Mexican Cocina and Cantina, 24188 E OK 51, in the Wagoner County portion of Broken Arrow. OK State Rep. Kevin McDugle will be giving us a preview of the new legislative season. Come on out early and have lunch at Jefe's!
1-24 WC OK2A Poster, V1.png

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it boy! I hate to hear this. Given that you’re up and getting around, I would be surprised if anything is broke and wouldn’t go to the ER either. I’ll be praying for your comfort and healing. :thumb:
Whoa! Man, you were dang lucky that you didn’t break anything. I would definately go to the ER to get X-rayed. You will be a lot worse off if you did break or crack something and let it go. It will come back and bite later. I know that from experience. Prayers for a quick healing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom