OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry for the late posting of today's picture. We are headed back home because the shop wants to check out our work van because we had so many problems with it. We will have at least a week off, but circumstances as they are, we may or may not go back out and work more National Parks.

Somewhere along the railroad and highway route from Seward, Alaska and Anchorage. When we did the Alaskan cruise and land tour in 2005, we took the train along that route, and I spent most of the time on the rear gondola of the last car, which just happened to be the one to which we were assigned. I got quite a few pictures on that route.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty slim chance of rain for the next several days but at least it's finally starting to cool down.

7day.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A rare treat a few days back. When moving from working the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to the North Rim, we stopped at Marble Canyon and the Navajo Bridges. I got to see and photograph a couple of California Condors. First picture is just before one of them took off from the bridge structure, and the second, although not as good a picture of them, both are in the picture.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in 2016, we headed to Grants Pass, Oregon to work a volunteer job at a retreat and reunion center. We went because we wanted to get to see some new country and get pictures from that area of the country. Knowing that there were Redwood forests out there, I mentioned to the wife that I "really needed" a 14-24mm camera lens to be able to do better justice to photographing Redwood trees.

She bought me the lens, but sadly, even that wide of an angle of lens doesn't do justice to the Redwoods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom