Osa Dove Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, this might have been done before but what about trying to organize an OKShooters dove hunt.We could see if one of our members could even host this event (preferably between Tulsa and OKC) and have just members and or members family join in.Does this sound like a good idea or not?

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, this might have been done before but what about trying to organize an OKShooters dove hunt.We could see if one of our members could even host this event (preferably between Tulsa and OKC) and have just members and or members family join in.Does this sound like a good idea or not?

I have never got to go to a dove hunt. I would love to go! I hunt prairie chickens every year and I think it is the same hunting style.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is a great idea, I would love to go. dove hunting is one of my favorite hunts. when I used to live in louisiana we would go to the wma on opening day and everyone would bring out the cookers and camp stoves. (dove opens at noon on the first day) and we would walk up and down and meet people and share food and then about 11:30 we would migrate to the field and get in our spots. then the fun began. it would be great to have a cookout / dove hunt. if this comes together count me in. I will even the cooker and make some gumbo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those who have never hunted dove....I read that the ammo manufacturers make more money from dove season than any other season.
The story said that the national average for dove is 1 1/2 boxes of shells per bird. Just about the time you pull the trigger, they can make a move that will make for a clean miss. Its humbling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom