Osa Dove Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm up for anything. I just don't know what I'm doing.

Have a 20 gauge and will travel

Heck bulb, I'll take you snipe hunting. :D

Seriously though, I went dove hunting when I was 7 or 8 with my grandpa and it was a lot of fun. I only got one bird and it was on pure luck (I was using a single shot .410). My grandpa was using an Ithaca M37 12ga that I now have in my collection.

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Count me in provided timing works out! There has to be a comercial operation somewhere in between tulsa/okc that could host it for a reasonable fee.

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm checking on Sunday, Sep 13th for an afternoon hunt. Waiting on a response and will let you know what I hear. If interested, chime in. If available, you'll be on your own to pay Curt but I thought I would throw a date out there. Stay tuned. I want to go dove huntin'

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And maybe sip a brew-ski or 2 during the heat of the afternoon, but no more than that till the guns are put away.

I won't be there. Hunt, clean birds, drive to the house, then drink. Your mileage may vary, but I won't be in the car.

Last stats I saw was eight rounds per bird as a national average. Don't know the source of the stats, but more than a box per bird is worse than I have ever seen, and I have taken some really bad shots on their first dove hunt.

Lawton is not a bad drive at all, and there is usually some good hunting in that area, particularly if you have cropland to hunt over. Afternoon is usually best if the sky stays blue. Clouds are the kiss of death. Expect an hour of furious action near sundown if it is clear and hot. Water is a plus, and safety glasses are a must. You are likely to get sprinkled, and can easily receive direct fire in a large group of new hunters. Plan for safety and follow the plan.

I will be on private property with an old hunting buddy. I think I get more excited over dove than over deer, turkey or hogs. Absolutely love it. Since bird flu I have quit eating hearts raw, though grossing out my younger buddies is almost worth the risk. Now I sautee the hearts in butter on the grill in a little foil cup. CB

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recieved an email from Curt late last night, there are openings for the afternoon of Sep. 13th. Time to put up or shut up. I will be calling him today to make my payment. I will be going and it would be great to have a whole bunch of OSA folks there. The cost will be $60.00 since this is a Sunday hunt.

For those who want to know, I choose Sunday since more people are off on the weekend and I will be out of vacation until October. Also, we should not conflict with any local football.

If you really want to go, call him and get your name in. 580-355-7505Cell 580-351-8110. The hunt is Sunday Sep. 13 in the afternoon. The cost will be $60.00. Tell him you are with OK Shooters. I have a really long email he sent me, much to long to post here. Let me know if you want a copy.

-Thom

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calling Curt tomorrow to make my payment for Sep. 13th. Any takers? I know for sure it's me plus one of my co-workers. Now is the time for all the guys that keep saying they want to go.

-Thom

Latest posts

Top Bottom