Osa Dove Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suggest 2nd or third weekend for the hunt, as labor day weekend is the first weekend and many people have family lake stuff or other things. I'd gladly pay $40 for a hunt.

Those of you who haven't dove hunted, it is a blast. When I was younger, we'd hunt them all day. Now I just go out in the evenings and mornings and light them up, if they fly straight (which they never do). It's one of those hunts where you can sit on your butt and blab away w/ friends as you hunt.

Good times!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a note. I haven't ever used Curt as a guide. I signed up for his newsletter by email one time. The $40 dollar special is for a weekday hunt only. I will attach his information. I won't be able to head up this hunt as I will have my basket pretty full up until the 22nd of September at the conclusion of my antelope hunt.

Copied from email newsletter.
Hunters booked for September 1&2 sign in will begin at 4:15 AM for AM hunts, with the first convoys departing at 5:15 AM. Afternoon sign in will begin at 1:15 PM with the convoys departing at 2:15 PM.
SALE PRICE on weekday hunts Sept 14-18 and Sept 21-25 only $40 per person. Call 580-355-7505 or email me at [email protected] to book your spots.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a note. I haven't ever used Curt as a guide. I signed up for his newsletter by email one time. The $40 dollar special is for a weekday hunt only. I will attach his information. I won't be able to head up this hunt as I will have my basket pretty full up until the 22nd of September at the conclusion of my antelope hunt.

Copied from email newsletter.
Hunters booked for September 1&2 sign in will begin at 4:15 AM for AM hunts, with the first convoys departing at 5:15 AM. Afternoon sign in will begin at 1:15 PM with the convoys departing at 2:15 PM.
SALE PRICE on weekday hunts Sept 14-18 and Sept 21-25 only $40 per person. Call 580-355-7505 or email me at [email protected] to book your spots.

I just shot him an e-mail....I'll let you know what he says.

Also, is there any memeber that has land that dove fly through somewhere between Tulsa and OKC? These are migratory birds so its no loss off of your land. Plus I'd be willing to bet a case of shotgun shell would be in donated by all to the generous landowner.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am hunting with curt on the 5th of sept. I will post a report after the hunt. I have heard mixed reviews of curts. I will post full disclosure about the hunt as soon as I get home on the 7th.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the information.....I have never paid for a hunt, so I would have no idea what to expect. The bad part is it looks to be around Lawton. The good part is, I grew up huning in Chatanooga (close to Lawton) and there is some very good hunting there.

Dove hunts will run in September beginning opening day. You may book as many as you wish. We will hunt over Milo, corn and wheat fields so the shooting is very good. It is $60 per person and you have to pay that in advance for the slot. SALE PRICE on Weekday hunts Sept 14-18 and Sept 21-25 only $40 per person. You can pay with check/money order or you can pay with a major credit card or electronic check. I give everyone two weeks to pay for their slots. You may hunt the morning or afternoon subject to availability. Morning hunts meet at the Big chef restaurant at 5:00 AM. Afternoon hunts will meet at 2:00 PM. We will usually hunt within 30 miles of Lawton so it is quite close. Hunters only need camo, insect repellent, ammo, guns, and a stool or bucket for sitting. License requirements are a OK hunting license from the Wildlife Department by calling 1-800-949-6392, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. till 4:30p.m. (Visa or MasterCard only. Allow for mailing time to receive your license). You can also purchase them online at this link http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/onlinesales/onlinesalesintro.asp Non resident is $70.00 for five days, A HIP permit which is $3.00 and a FHL Permit $5.00.

OKC MAD COW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm up for a dove hunt. I've been talking with some friends at work about doing this. I'm open except for the week of Labor Day. Willing to do a week day hunt too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom