OSA Honor roll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I feel bad that it took recent events to make me think of this but why don't we have a place to list the names of the members of our forum who have paid the ultimate price, and given their lives for others? Whether they be in Military service or, as a Law Enforcement officer, or a Fire Fighter, we should have a way to honor them.

Make it a Sticky at the top of the General Discussion, or I have seen some boards do it at the top of the forum home page. Allow a single post by either a Moderator or a close friend, telling us the Member's name and as much other info as is possible, or available. Give the member a special title under his name (like where it says Patron, or Enthusiast) so that if people stumble across them in old threads they recognize their sacrifice. Maybe even add a link to the Honor roll, or Roll call, or whatever it would be best to call it, so that we can remember those who were a part of our community.

Surely since the board has been started there have been several who have paid for our peace with their lives. Sadly a few of late have done so. My prayer is the list is short, but the list should be there, and should be visited from time to time.

Any thoughts or ideas?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I agree, this would be a great thing to do.

How do you think would be best? A thread in the OSA business section, or some kind of link/page on the home page?

I also like the idea of changing their title to reflect their sacrifice. And then add the link to the Honor Roll in their signature.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also like the idea of changing their title to reflect their sacrifice. And then add the link to the Honor Roll in their signature.

I like this.

The way I have seen it done before was in it's own place, at the top of the Forum page, since that is whats viewed most often.

And this.

Thanks for working on this Nikat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom