OSA members trying to rip off OSA members

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what you aren't understanding about the free market system. If he is charging too much, no one is gonna buy it. And if someone does buy it then that person musta been happy with the price or he wouldn't have paid it. No one is holding a gun, or the gun, in this instance, to their head and demanding that they be gouged.

That's the beauty of the system, freedom. Something is only worth as much as what someone else will pay.

... Never mind ... Again.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you youngsters need to get some experience in the Gun world before complaining so much.
1. Most people can't walk into a store and buy a blue label. Period!
2. There's a lot of people out there that want an ex-cop gun (any type not just a Glock)and will pay a premium to get one. 20 years in the gun biz our hottest sellers were dept marked guns.
3. The price was below the 2014 mfgr suggested retail price of $649 so whats the problem.

Don't like the deal? Move along.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what you aren't understanding about the free market system.
This is what you're not understanding about his post--it's not about the price. Oh, the jacked-up price isn't endearing, but it's the misrepresentation that went along with it that's beyond the pale.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gee thanks for the economics lesson professor. Now it's all so much clearer to me. So it really IS okay to overcharge somebody using false information provided about the product then ... Golly gee! I'd-a-thought that was akin to lyin' or cheatin' but now that u have explained it to me, I'm SURE it's akin to lyin' or cheatin' ! Is everybody up there in Alaska as smart as you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. It's obvious that this lesson is just flying right over the top of your head.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what you're not understanding about his post--it's not about the price. Oh, the jacked-up price isn't endearing, but it's the misrepresentation that went along with it that's beyond the pale.

What misrepresentation exactly are we talking? Over the last 3 years I have seen Gen 4 Glocks advertised as coming with 2 or 3 or even 4 magazines depending on the dealer. So it would seem to me its just a matter of where he got it and what line of BS that dealer filled him with.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You got it. Thanks for trying to help clear that part up.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a gun forum. If you misrepresent a gun you are attempting to sell either due to being dishonest or simply out of ignorance, you should expect to get called out for it if/when you're caught. I really don't see a problem with this either. I actually appreciate finding out who the potential dishonest sellers are. And it has nothing to do with price. I'm all for some good ole capitalism. Hell, I wish I was sitting on a stack of Saiga's today. I'd damn sure be cashing out my investment but I wouldn't misrepresent anything.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you youngsters need to get some experience in the Gun world before complaining so much.
1. Most people can't walk into a store and buy a blue label. Period!
2. There's a lot of people out there that want an ex-cop gun (any type not just a Glock)and will pay a premium to get one. 20 years in the gun biz our hottest sellers were dept marked guns.
3. The price was below the 2014 mfgr suggested retail price of $649 so whats the problem.

Don't like the deal? Move along.

I'm not a youngster and I have ample experience in the "Gun world" but thanks for caring.

Bottom line is the guy misrepresented the potential deal to me. I have a problem with that.

(Note to self: Add another one to the Do Not Deal With List).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom