Our L.E. is efforting to stop everything!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as brushes with law enforcement as a former police officer the best way to not get pulled over is to well not give them a reason. As far as the search question. You have the right to say no, most of the time we won't ask unless there is something suspicious. If we think you are hiding something ang still say no. We will have the drug dog do a walk around the car. That will take a long time. So if you don't mind 45min-90 min for a traffic stop say no. Howe er if you wish to be on your way just agree. However most of the time you won't be asked

Yep, just comply.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a OKCPD program 20 or more year ago where an officer would stop a driver and issue a good driver certificate. Wonder why they stopped it?:phone:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as brushes with law enforcement as a former police officer the best way to not get pulled over is to well not give them a reason. As far as the search question. You have the right to say no, most of the time we won't ask unless there is something suspicious. If we think you are hiding something ang still say no. We will have the drug dog do a walk around the car. That will take a long time. So if you don't mind 45min-90 min for a traffic stop say no. Howe er if you wish to be on your way just agree. However most of the time you won't be asked

Am I free to go.? I do Not consent to Any search Officer....Am I free to go?

Probable cause?

Dog certification up to date?

Gotta Love the JBT's They got a tuff job....Thank You Men and Women of Law Enforcement, I couldnt do Your Job (sincerely )

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And under those circumstances, any criminal defense attorney worth a **** will get that drug dog search kicked out of court for measurably extending the duration of a stop beyond what is required to investigate the violation that the stop was based on and to issue a ticket... as long as you never consent to a search that is. If you do consent to a search, it is much more difficult to later challenge any search in court.

Plus, there is the whole principle of the thing... what would our forefathers do, as free men? Meekly let the Redcoat bastards go through your ****? Or tell them to shove their search up their powdered Limey asses? Come on... you are an American. Defiance of illegitimate authority is part of our heritage, and needs to be more frequently asserted.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I NEVER have contraband or reason for search, and have never been asked for a search during a traffic stop, however I will NEVER consent to a search, EVER. Get your little drug dog and waste both of our time. As screwed up as your scenario is, I will take my 45-90 minute BS delay over agreeing and "being on my way." Pretty crappy attitude from a former LEO.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And under those circumstances, any criminal defense attorney worth a **** will get that drug dog search kicked out of court for measurably extending the duration of a stop beyond what is required to investigate the violation that the stop was based on and to issue a ticket... as long as you never consent to a search that is. If you do consent to a search, it is much more difficult to later challenge any search in court.

Plus, there is the whole principle of the thing... what would our forefathers do, as free men? Meekly let the Redcoat bastards go through your ****? Or tell them to shove their search up their powdered Limey asses? Come on... you are an American. Defiance of illegitimate authority is part of our heritage, and needs to be more frequently asserted.
I would expect a 1st year law student could get the case kicked based in that scenario henschman... honestly can't think of how that could have been more inaccurate.

That's twice now we've agreed, the three horseman can't be far behind!!

Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape

Jrmccarty512

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the reality in the six years I worked for Phoenix pd, I have never asked to search a car or had a drug dog do a walk around and not found drugs. In six years I only searched 8 cars because most people when you pull them over for speeding you give them a ticket and on their way. You seem to forget probable cause is a reasonable belief a crime did just occur. Most of the time you will not be searched. As far as law abiding citizens go you will probably never be asked.

Jrmccarty512

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a legal definition called probable cause, if you have probable cause to believe a crime has occurred or is occurring you can call a drug dog to do a walk around. No attorney and certainly no law student can get you out of that. The US Supreme Court settled that in Map v Ohio and Terry v Ohio

Latest posts

Top Bottom