Overdue toll charge scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold a car and the lady sold it jumping title.
Guy did not transfer it into his name and I get a bill for 20 something of pike fees.

Yea I got that lady to pay me and she took it up with her friend that lost the title.
They paid me for another title it was 10 more bucks.

Now when I sell a car that runs we both go to the tag office and transfer ownership before they get the car.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What? Plate pay?
Its definately a good way to get user fees from over the road travelers from out of state.
But...
States (all of them) are going to collect their pound of flesh one way or another, and it doesn’t have a damn thing to do if a person pays other state or local taxes or not.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
States (all of them) are going to collect their pound of flesh one way or another, and it doesn’t have a damn thing to do if a person pays other state or local taxes or not.
I never said anything about other state taxes. I-40 and I-35 carry a LOT of cars that may or may not stop for fuel, thus paying a state and federal tax per gallon. They use the turnpike though and they will get a bill at their residence in Chicago.
Its a fair tax and needed to fund highway maintenance and new construction.
Nothing is free.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H. E. Baily was opened from Red River to Lawton around 1964. The first toll booth, exit was $0.10. The opening celebration, newspaper reported the toll would only be in effect, until the road was paid for.
The toll is $1.00, today, 60 years and construction NOT paid off. ???????

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H. E. Baily was opened from Red River to Lawton around 1964. The first toll booth, exit was $0.10. The opening celebration, newspaper reported the toll would only be in effect, until the road was paid for.
The toll is $1.00, today, 60 years and construction NOT paid off. ???????
Oh its paid off, they are banking millions of tax dollars unspent to our benefit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom