Palmetto State Armory M4 carbine PREMIUM kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Palmetto State Armory has their premium Ar-15 carbine kits on a Fathers Day sale for $459 and free shipping. I thought about one of these and a Spikes blem lower and I would be around 530 bucks total. I know you can get a complete Colt 6920 for about $780 and I know the PSA and PTAC parts are not as good as Colt quality but how about their PREMIUM kits? Are they pretty close to Colt quality?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, they are close. The bolts and barrels are built using the same materials, to the same specs, with the same quality testing. The differences are that with that kit, it looks like you get a 6061 aluminum buffer tube, whereas the Colt uses one that is 7075 aluminum. Also the Colt comes with a H buffer, and the PSA has a regular carbine buffer. Also the PSA is mid-length gas, whereas the Colt is carbine gas (advantage PSA here). The Colt 6720 is definitely real tempting at under $800, for such a light, handy carbine though. You really can't go wrong either way. Between my friends and I, we have built a half dozen or more PSA rifles from their CHF, Premium, and chrome lined lines, and all have run great. If you feel like you need to upgrade the buffer and buffer tube, that is cheap and easy to do. I'm not sure why PSA cheaped out on those parts of all things. Still, I have been running a 6061 buffer tube on one of my rifles for the past 4 years, with some pretty rough treatment, and it hasn't broken yet. Also, a carbine buffer has been running just fine in my middy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom