Purchasing parts from PSA for Lego assembley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Lots of good info in here. I agree with @dennishoddy no reason to waste money on a built lower. You can build a lower at your table with a youtube video in an hour you will need a few tools that can be found inexpensive on Ebay an armorers wrench and a vice block and some punches. Thats the best place to start if you want to build an AR. Get a lower then piece it together they way you want it.

If you just want an upper and lower to put together. I still would suggest going with a built gun if your not wanting to build the whole thing. New gun in box will have been tested with all parts together. Head spaced and have warranty. I know PSA has warranty and tests their uppers but not necessarily with the bcg you are buying.

Also if your in Duncan its worth a call to Lawton Academy to see what ARs they have in stock or can order in. I wouldn't have an issue with any of these

Ruger $649
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ruger-ar-556-556-semiautomatic-rifle#repChildCatid=1364736

Sig $799
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/si...rem-semiautomatic-rifle#repChildCatid=6787008

SA Saint $849
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/sp...ato-semiautomatic-rifle#repChildCatid=3891145

If those are out of your price range. Check atwoods they usually have some less expensive stuff.
Funny, I wouldn't recommend any of those, but to each his own.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Right now AR prices are higher than in recent history because of the demand that was brought on by the corona panic.

If you just don't have to have one right now I would wait a couple of months to see if prices drop back down a little unless you find a heck of a deal somewhere either new or used.

If a guy wanted to step up a notch or two in quality over the PSA and some other budget rifles, I would look into Aero Precision. Brownell's has them on sale now and then and they have a version they sell without furniture that you can customize how you like.

Good luck!

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now AR prices are higher than in recent history because of the demand that was brought on by the corona panic.

If you just don't have to have one right now I would wait a couple of months to see if prices drop back down a little unless you find a heck of a deal somewhere either new or used.

If a guy wanted to step up a notch or two in quality over the PSA and some other budget rifles, I would look into Aero Precision. Brownell's has them on sale now and then and they have a version they sell without furniture that you can customize how you like.

Good luck!
Then you recommend an Aero lol.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stumbled on a deal for different charging handles on here a year or two ago. I picked up a handful. When running NV or Thermal optics on AR 15s the bigger ambi charging handles are a needed upgrade in my opinion. I also do better drop in triggers.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stumbled on a deal for different charging handles on here a year or two ago. I picked up a handful. When running NV or Thermal optics on AR 15s the bigger ambi charging handles are a needed upgrade in my opinion. I also do better drop in triggers.
Yup there has been a couple links to them in the $15 to $20 range. I placed a couple orders for these at $16 I think it was and I have been very pleased with them.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup there has been a couple links to them in the $15 to $20 range. I placed a couple orders for these at $16 I think it was and I have been very pleased with them.

Absolutely. Combat Armory is GTG for a solid cheap upper, and here are some cheap charging handles. I've used several of these from Durkin as well as the ones from Outdoor Sports USA above. They all work fine. I have a couple BCM and a Raptor I think, but only because I got them really cheap or something. No way I would pay 50, 70 or more for a charging handle.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
You guys are going to make me spend some money.

I've been meaning to get a couple of extended charging handles for a while but there is always something I need more.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update:

Stopped at Firearms Solutions to see what Keith had for AR's. As expected, sold out except for 1 S&W Sport II AR. It looked lonely so I bought it. Gonna take it home tonight and clean and oil it. He had 1 20rd box of 5.56 Hornady Frontier 55gr. That'll be gone like a fart in the wind tomorrow.

I DID end up buying the list I posted from PSA. Made the expectation of everything being here by Friday. The upper and charging handle will make it but no word on the lower and BCG guess the rest will come in after I get back to work.

So, for now, I got 1 complete M&P Sport II and 20 rds of 5.56 and the PSA in pieces coming in over the next week or so.

Short range plans for Sport II are going to be replacing the front grip with MLok rail, replace the gas with a shorter system to fit the MLok and find a cheap red dot optic.

The PSA will be glassed and tinkered with as my teardown learning weapon.

Looking forward to the next few months and 3 weeks vacation in August. Just hope I can find some reasonably priced 5.56 in the near future

Latest posts

Top Bottom