Para Ord GI 1911????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nyone have one or shoot it yet? Price is about a GI Springer. I am thinking I want a good nio frills 1911 and this one has a few already on the gun that I would end up installing anyway. Lets hear it.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're pretty cool, but at the end of the day, it's still a Para. :nutkick:
Seriously though, I've heard that the finish sucks balls and is wearing quicker than most any finish out there. For my money, I'd rather have the Springfield.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't buy a GI, para or springfield. If you do buy a gi, at least plan on buying some sights that don't suck. The stock sights on the sprinfield were unusable for me unless I was outside.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks
I am wanting something without the cocking serreations on the front of the slide, a hammer that won't bite, a flat msh, and better sights. I figure some things would have to be swapped out to get what I want.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks
I am wanting something without the cocking serreations on the front of the slide, a hammer that won't bite, a flat msh, and better sights. I figure some things would have to be swapped out to get what I want.

Have you looked at a SA Mil-spec? No flat MSH but neat guns, they are creeping up in price and tough to find.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I said Springfield GI I was probably thinking about the Mil-Spec. The Mil-Spec is the one with the ejection port lowere already, correct?

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks

I'm not a fan of the front slide serrations either. The Flat MSH is the only way to go. I had an arched MSH on my main shooter. Changed it over to a checkerd Flat MSH & it was a totaly different feel. Much more natural in my hand. The MSH's are around 50 bucks or so, depending on which brand you go with. I'm one that doesn't mind changing things here & there, if you can get a better gun up front that doesn't have exactly what you're looking for. The main thing to look for is stuff that would require machining, like grip safety vs beavertail, lowered ejection port or sight cuts. those are the things I'd make sure were done up front, otherwise you'll get into some decent money having it done later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom