First official Buffalo Goring of the tourist season at Yellowstone Lake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were going through Yellowstone. Road looked like the Pic, except the traffic was stopped in both directions and the Buffalo (bison) was a momma Grizzly and 2 cubs.

The idiots were rolling down windows and throwing food out.

I kept hearing a car horn, finally see a MG, top down with 2 college girls, 3 vehicles in front us. Bears were 6 - 7 vehicles in front of them.

I hollered at them to move back to my truck, SLOWLY and get in truck. Which they did. The girls told us, they rolled up on the traffic stopped. Couldn't see what was going on. The opposing lane told them "the cute bear and babies were coming, get ready to feed them."
They started honking, to get enough room to pass on shoulder. The idgits in front and behind, had them wedged in and were laughing.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 14-year-old, who's on a mountain bike ride texted this photo of local, horny, lean meat (free range cattle wandered off the Gila River reservation) . They look mostly friendly, but I'd not want him to get much closer. Where's Cow Catcher when we need him?
IMG_2574.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 14-year-old, who's on a mountain bike ride texted this photo of local, horny, lean meat (free range cattle wandered off the Gila River reservation) . They look mostly friendly, but I'd not want him to get much closer. Where's Cow Catcher when we need him?
View attachment 484537
Free range cattle as you said.
In New Mexico and Colorado and maybe the other Rocky Mountain states, cattle are released to the wild in the mountains.
Cowboys bring them back into the valleys from the mountains in the fall in big roundups.
It's typically a community project where every ranch puts their cowboys into the area to round up the cattle, sort and separate them.
We've seen that many times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom