Patriot Ordnance Factory P415 in 5.56/223

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are your guys thoughts on this rifle? I don't plan to do anything specific with it, just another toy.

What barrel length would be ideal 14.5 or 16.5? I like the look of the shorter barrel and I already have an AR with a 20" wilson heavy barrel. so maybe I answered my own question. Heard anything good/bad on this rifle or the company? I did the usual internet search, but I would like your comments and thoughts.

http://www.pof-usa.com/weapons.html

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never heard of them, but what are you wanting to get out of this secondary build?

it's already built, so no work for me. :yelclap: but I found one at decent price and am thinking about pulling the trigger (pun intended), however, if I like it enough I may strip down my current AR and sell it off or sell as a whole. hard to be a seller in these times...everyone thinks you are gouging. :nutkick: this isn't 2005...i wish I could tell ppl that. I'm too nice.

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can get a decent price on it " Pulll the Trigger" Hehe!! I really like my POF 7.25" SBR , It runs like a champ with any ammo I have tried so far, Wolf ,Tula , SilverBear, Brass etc. I have yet to try Brown Bear on it. I see no problem as I have ran the Brown Bear on my other DI 7.5" build with no problems at all. I really want to get another of there rifles in .308!!

I got mine when the Customer Service was Great and the Quality is all there. There's another company I would compare them to and wouldn't hesitate to purchase and it's not LWRC.. Also know of a POF dealer that can get the parts fairly priced. Shoot me a pm if you want FamousAj with any specific questions aswell.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can get a decent price on it " Pulll the Trigger" Hehe!! I really like my POF 7.25" SBR , It runs like a champ with any ammo I have tried so far, Wolf ,Tula , SilverBear, Brass etc. I have yet to try Brown Bear on it. I see no problem as I have ran the Brown Bear on my other DI 7.5" build with no problems at all. I really want to get another of there rifles in .308!!

I got mine when the Customer Service was Great and the Quality is all there. There's another company I would compare them to and wouldn't hesitate to purchase and it's not LWRC.. Also know of a POF dealer that can get the parts fairly priced. Shoot me a pm if you want FamousAj with any specific questions aswell.

Thank you sir!

and ya, I'm just a bit jealous of your POF 7.25" SBR. just typing it send chills down my spine. nice!

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own two POF's (.223 & .308). Love them both. I am on my second P415. The first had the MMR rail and the one I have now has the hunter sniper rail (which I prefer). I will say that the original P415 seemed to come with better parts (stock, pistol grip, BCG). I am not a fan of the cheaper Magpul furniture. I replaced all of it. I will say that I did have an issue with the NP3 finish on the inside of the upper receiver (flaking a bit). Sent it back under warranty and they refinished the entire upper. No issues with service at all. I love the fact that you can basically clean the gun with a paper towel after shooting (hardly any residue in the gun other than the barrel). I would definitely recommend.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
POF is typically good stuff. A lot of people window shopping see the hand guard as a poor design, BUT, until you get your hands on one.......

Good - was using Rock barrels. Mike knows barrels and Frank's design. When they run consistently, they run great and shoot well.

Bad - have had issues over the years with cycling and reliability, parts and finish quality at times too. QC type stuff.

Go with a 14.5" in 223. A great way to go if you either SBR or pin the right muzzle device so you can HALO or ??? down the road (suppressor that is).

Final call - any top shelf name can have issues. But i'd still look into a LWRC or PWS or HK. Naturally you have to find one.....and then get a good price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom