Patriotism is out of style...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on the OKARNG funeral honor guard for a while. There is a definite art to not just folding it properly, but folding it well. No red or white showing, the correct number of stars, etc... And there can be certain challenges presented by flags made by obscure manufactures. Flag folding is something that ought to be at least demonstrated in school. I had never seen it done until I went to Boy's State.

awddsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned in scouts as well, but was well reinforced for many years when my dad and I would raise the flag at dawn in front of our house & take it down at dusk. It's a tradition I'd like to repeat with my son (when I have one).

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course they don't teach kids how to fold the flag anymore, they might hurt someones feelings or violate their rights. I mean it's just a piece of cloth, it doesn't stand for anything so whats the big deal.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evan,
Thank You for taking the proper action and caring for our flag with respect. That flag has led us into battle for more than 200 years and deserves the respect of ALL Americans. We need more like you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom