Why is it??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is what it is, a forum
Meant for exchange of ideas, knowledge and experience.

People, not just wimmens, come and go.
For whatever reasons, loss of interest, dealing with idiots or pervs, who knows.
Some put certain ones on ignore, some leave.

I have met a few from here. Most are great guys and gals. Several are not the same person ftf that they are here.

The forum has changed over the years.
Simply because the make up of the forum has changed. People change, people leave, people join. Life goes on.

I do miss Little Miss Sunshine and subprep. I do believe the lack of female "gun nuts" is key to the shortage.
I talk to subprep every day. She is the ONE female friend I have. I miss her contributions here also. And damn that girl CAN shoot a rifle!

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried getting some of my like minded lady friends to join up, I tell them they're some good gun deals on the classifieds but it really isn't about that. It is a great online community. But nope. I don't get it, maybe if we were on Tik Tok or something. I just don't know.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And then there’s these guys (once again not me).
IMG_5639.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So there's a data point. Why'd she leave?
She and tRIdiot had a disagreement about something. Plus she had just bought a business and was really busy. Mostly just life.

I also think that when you have met the people on a forum FTF, shared guns, ammo and stories, then gone out to dinner and shared more stories that it makes for a completely different experience. Back in the day I shot matches with the OKC and Tulsa crew, the Fat Guys and just about anybody else who wanted to come along.

On top of that I knew a TON of the yahoos here from my employment at H&H. I either worked with them, took their money at the range, or yelled at them for having a loaded gun at the range counter and not having any muzzle awareness. 😉

She didn't have those experiences so the bond to the community wasn't as strong.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ehhhh ... Y'all don't act like that to the chicks that have signed up. Well, except with TiffanyinOKC was toying with y'all that night. 🤣🤣 Oh and any time TMC was online -- but she gave as good as she got so that wasn't outta line, I don't think.
So a new poster puts up an introductory post, and something in their screen name indicates they're female, you don't see a difference in the replies. Really?

I do, and often in replies to them in other threads. And I'm a guy. If I was a woman on a message board, you wouldn't be able to tell from my screen name. Guys lose 30 IQ points if there's an attractive female around, or they even think she might be attractive.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a new poster puts up an introductory post, and something in their screen name indicates they're female, you don't see a difference in the replies. Really?

I do, and often in replies to them in other threads. And I'm a guy. If I was a woman on a message board, you wouldn't be able to tell from my screen name. Guys lose 30 IQ points if there's an attractive female around, or they even think she might be attractive.
Well, yeah ... You guys do tend to get a little tipsy if you get a whiff of estrogen -- real or imagined. 🤣🤣

I dunno. I am a real weirdo. I really do just think of myself as one of the guys. It always flabbergasted me when one of the guys would hit on me because I don't see my buddies that way. Didn't happen often but the few times it did it was REALLY awkward. Because if there was EVER anyone who was nothing special, it's me. 🤷🤷 Just goes to show ya there is somebody (sometimes a couple, three somebodies) for everybody.

Latest posts

Top Bottom