Pawnee Summer Run N Gun - July 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am seriously disappointed in you jackwagons. You made me look like a tool. I guesstimated at what it would take to feed you heathens and you came in way under the mark.

It was a pleasure to serve you. I was glad to meet you guys. I am available to cook anytime. Don't ask me to run anywhere that ends with a K.

My sincere apologies. I most certainly appreciated the BBQ, but I didn't make a very good showing. When I got done and cooled down enough for BBQ to start to sound good, I had a sandwich. It was delicious, but I was still so stinking tired that my jaws nearly cramped up eating it! Had I been able to stick around for a couple hours rest and a couple quarts of gatorade, I'd have gone back and put some hurt on that BBQ!

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am seriously disappointed in you jackwagons. You made me look like a tool. I guesstimated at what it would take to feed you heathens and you came in way under the mark.

It was a pleasure to serve you. I was glad to meet you guys. I am available to cook anytime. Don't ask me to run anywhere that ends with a K.

Im not a big fan of BBQ pork, but dude that stuff was legit. I probably piled more than I should have on my sandwich.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kudos to all involved in this. This is a very well put together event. Everyone taking care of everything. Hats off to everyone involved.

Learned a thing or two that will help me in the future (help me make it to the end without passing out). Need more fluids! Damn hot out there. Glad everyone made it back ok.

Oh, and whoever thought it was a good idea to put gravel under the barbed wire should be punched in the face.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and whoever thought it was a good idea to put gravel under the barbed wire should be punched in the face.

That'd be me.

Thanks to all the ROs that make this possible - and to echo UMB - Michael, Nate, Jim...y'all were essential in cooling off hot runners, and addressing medical concerns. Thanks Michael, for giving the safety brief Friday morning. John, Harold, Suzie McAlester are wonderful hosts - they really make this event fun. JT and Greg are some fine cooks - maybe the heat put a damper on some folks' appetites, but not mine! The area JBTs even help with this, and we appreciate their support!

FBT donated a ton of freebies, along with Rise Armament, Alex Arms, and a couple others I know I'm forgetting. (heat stroke?) Thanks to y'all!

This was, by far, the hardest, hottest run we've had in Pawnee. A lot of folks tapped out early, and that was the smart thing to do. Listen to your body! We design the course to find the weak spots - for some it was the heat tolerance, for me it was the left-handed pistol shooting. Some folks found weak spots in their gear, optics, fitness, lots of points to fail. I hope everyone learned a bit more, and will be tightened up for the next one!

Trek Tech Black should be having a write-up on our event online soon - they came all the way from Nebraska for the fun, and even took home a trophy!

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That'd be me.

Why didnt I know that...

A lot of folks tapped out early, and that was the smart thing to do. Listen to your body

That'd be me!

On the way home the wife was already devising plans for our course to train for the next one. She wanted me to stop by the hardware store to pick up some plywood for me to make cut-outs.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That'd be me.

Thanks to all the ROs that make this possible - and to echo UMB - Michael, Nate, Jim...y'all were essential in cooling off hot runners, and addressing medical concerns. Thanks Michael, for giving the safety brief Friday morning. John, Harold, Suzie McAlester are wonderful hosts - they really make this event fun. JT and Greg are some fine cooks - maybe the heat put a damper on some folks' appetites, but not mine! The area JBTs even help with this, and we appreciate their support!

FBT donated a ton of freebies, along with Rise Armament, Alex Arms, and a couple others I know I'm forgetting. (heat stroke?) Thanks to y'all!

This was, by far, the hardest, hottest run we've had in Pawnee. A lot of folks tapped out early, and that was the smart thing to do. Listen to your body! We design the course to find the weak spots - for some it was the heat tolerance, for me it was the left-handed pistol shooting. Some folks found weak spots in their gear, optics, fitness, lots of points to fail. I hope everyone learned a bit more, and will be tightened up for the next one!

Trek Tech Black should be having a write-up on our event online soon - they came all the way from Nebraska for the fun, and even took home a trophy!

Are you a Terminator? You know you have to tell me if I ask.

[Broken External Image]

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, lets do this thing...

IMG_3943.JPG

Yeah, its hot, I got this.

IMG_3945.JPG

I can easily wait my turn, right here in the shade...

IMG_3955.JPG

Done for...

IMG_3959.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom