Pawnee Summer Run N Gun - July 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrgutier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can one of the giveaways next time be a % of all the brass pickups? You guys probably make off like bandits.

The food was indeed fantastic, and I took full advantage. J.T. and Greg are definitely invited back!

Man, I didn't realize how much stuff was in that box Fat Boy Tactical sent until we started digging through and handing it out. Awesome. And did y'all notice that one of the items Rise Mfg. gave out was their drop-in trigger? That's a $200+ item. Also the first two 18"x24" steel plates yall were shooting at the 500 yd. stage were donated by Rise. The sponsors really went above and beyond this time.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is all part of the compensation for the land owners! Harold is a .223 T/C Contender-shootin' fool, and he never has too worry about brass with the 500 yard stage being on his property. :)

That's awesome, bet he loves that. It's awesome that they let us go have such a good time.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started training for the Winter Run n' Gun.

It's not too early (That's a 30lb weight vest, by the way!)

RuckRun.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is all part of the compensation for the land owners! Harold is a .223 T/C Contender-shootin' fool, and he never has too worry about brass with the 500 yard stage being on his property. :)

Just courious. What was the number of required hits on the 500 yd steel?

Did anybody shoot it with the minimum number of shots?

What was the average number of rounds shot at the target?

I shoot a lot at our 300 yd range, never at 500. Just wondering.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started training for the Winter Run n' Gun.

It's not too early (That's a 30lb weight vest, by the way!)

View attachment 49270

Very nice! I trained for this past run n gun that way.
I got to the point of running 6 miles with it on at 9 min/mile. I thought I was ready.... I was mistaken.

I will continue training with a weighted vest, but I will add multiple short anaerobic exercises to the aerobic running (or walking). something like crawling, short hill sprints, jumps, pushups, pull-ups , etc. etc.

Also, Our 20K champion told me he often trained at 3pm!!!! That will get you ready for the heat. I guess that's not necessary for the winter run n gun but will be for next summer.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the only picture I got from the run....

View attachment 49265
What about the pic of the itty bitty toe bruise?

Yes, dont get between Harold and a bucket of stage 2 brass. It can be hazardous.

How do you get the light up hits on the 500 yd stage? Just curious what kind of rig you have for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Strobe-Flash-Hit-Indicator/dp/B00EB5OU10

Just courious. What was the number of required hits on the 500 yd steel?

Did anybody shoot it with the minimum number of shots?

What was the average number of rounds shot at the target?

I shoot a lot at our 300 yd range, never at 500. Just wondering.
Good question. I think more people passed that stage this time around. I think it had something to do with getting hits at 200 and 300 first before tackling the 500. Starting with the 500 can seem daunting, especially if you miss and dont have a good idea why. It can make one hunt around looking for a hit; wasting time and ammo. When I ran in the am, the 500 yard target would fluctuate from a dull white to a dull grey depending on the shadows. when I started the stage, the target was white so after I got my hits at 200 and 300 I made the transition to the white patch and loosed 4 rounds before I realized it had gone to shadow. I was using an unmagnified optic so it wasnt readily apparent. once I made the correction I went 2 for 2.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. I think more people passed that stage this time around. I think it had something to do with getting hits at 200 and 300 first before tackling the 500. Starting with the 500 can seem daunting, especially if you miss and dont have a good idea why. It can make one hunt around looking for a hit; wasting time and ammo. When I ran in the am, the 500 yard target would fluctuate from a dull white to a dull grey depending on the shadows. when I started the stage, the target was white so after I got my hits at 200 and 300 I made the transition to the white patch and loosed 4 rounds before I realized it had gone to shadow. I was using an unmagnified optic so it wasnt readily apparent. once I made the correction I went 2 for 2.

So their wasn't a close backstop where one could see a dust signature? That's a pretty good poke with an unmagnified optic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom