Pawnshop and Theft ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The police found one of my stolen items in a pawnshop. I have to pay the pawnshop what they have in it and the criminal will be ordered to pay restitution.

Question is : Why do I pay the pawnshop when the criminal ripped them off, not me?

Is this SOP on stolen, pawned, recovered items?

This is in Arkansas:(

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds crappy. I've went into a pawnshop and found a stolen item of mine sitting for sale, police told me i could either pay the pawn shop and get my item back or file a police report and wait. Someday i hope to run into the scumbag who stole my property in the first place.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds correct to me also. One of my son in laws is a TPD officer...so is his father. Some of their stolen tools were found at a pawn shop. To get them back they had to buy them. If your stuffs not real special to you just turn all the loss in to you insurance and get new stuff!!??

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds correct to me also. One of my son in laws is a TPD officer...so is his father. Some of their stolen tools were found at a pawn shop. To get them back they had to buy them. If your stuffs not real special to you just turn all the loss in to you insurance and get new stuff!!??

And then buy it back cheap. Im sure the pawn shop didnt have much in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom