Pick one of these two 9mm pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which one for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a woman and have trouble pulling the slides back. How are these guns on pulling the slide back?

They are both fine. The problem is not the slides ... The problem is you (no offense). I have a pretty significant neck injury and carpal tunnel injuries and can still rack the slide on all my guns.

Try this with an UNLOADED gun:

Hold the gun in your strong hand, put your weak hand on the slide like you are gonna rack it. (Nevermind if you can't right now -- that's not the point of this exercise.) Now grip the gun firmly and PUSH away from you with your strong hand and PULL toward you with your weak hand. Again, nevermind if you can't actually perform a rack right now. Do this 10 times a couple times a day. The idea is build up the muscles so you will be able to do it.

Also, no matter how difficult you find racking the slide don't let someone else do it for you. It'll come to you fairly quickly, I promise. You just need a little more strength in your grip, arms and shoulders, that's all ...

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are both fine. The problem is not the slides ... The problem is you (no offense). I have a pretty significant neck injury and carpal tunnel injuries and can still rack the slide on all my guns.

Try this with an UNLOADED gun:

Hold the gun in your strong hand, put your weak hand on the slide like you are gonna rack it. (Nevermind if you can't right now -- that's not the point of this exercise.) Now grip the gun firmly and PUSH away from you with your strong hand and PULL toward you with your weak hand. Again, nevermind if you can't actually perform a rack right now. Do this 10 times a couple times a day. The idea is build up the muscles so you will be able to do it.

Also, no matter how difficult you find racking the slide don't let someone else do it for you. It'll come to you fairly quickly, I promise. You just need a little more strength in your grip, arms and shoulders, that's all ...

Good advice BB.

Get the 19 Joel!! Lol

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've owned Glock's on an off for over 20yrs, plus I've owned a lot of other pistols. Right now all I have for a Glock is a 3rd Gen G17 that I shoot in competition, so I would feel comfortable carrying an shooting the 19. My only issue with the 19/23 is I have wide hands, so with that little bit off the grip of the Glock is enough, if I'm not paying attention, to where I will sometimes roll flesh into the magwell on a mag change. Some times it just tears off a chunk, or it makes a pretty blood blister. That still wouldn't stop me from picking the Glock over the M&P.