Pics of my Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up this '91 F250 back in July. Have been fixing/upgrading it in preparation of us taking our business and hitting the road full time. Will be towing a 5th wheel trailer. I've got about $9000 in the truck now with everything we've had to do to get it in shape and make it safe and comfortable to drive. The latest thing we did was put the camo strip down either side.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v107_Leathercrafter_FordTruck2.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v107_Leathercrafter_FordTruck2a.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice!

I have the (very slightly) littler brother to that truck. I still need to do some basic repairs on it, but for now it runs and drives well for what I need.

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Truck_FrontLeft.jpg

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the 460 engine in it. We've had to go to the salvage yard a couple of times to find parts for it. I recently put a K&N Air Intake on it, along with a series 70 flowmaster exhaust. Getting ready to put a new transmission cooler in. The tires are 10-ply. I'm trying to find a rim to use as a spare tire, but they've been hard to find. The overall condition of the body was very good. The bed had some small bad spots, so we sprayed the Line-X in there. The interior was also in very good shape, save the two front seats. Had them reupholstered.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've got the 460 engine in it. We've had to go to the salvage yard a couple of times to find parts for it. I recently put a K&N Air Intake on it, along with a series 70 flowmaster exhaust. Getting ready to put a new transmission cooler in. The tires are 10-ply. I'm trying to find a rim to use as a spare tire, but they've been hard to find. The overall condition of the body was very good. The bed had some small bad spots, so we sprayed the Line-X in there. The interior was also in very good shape, save the two front seats. Had them reupholstered.

Sounds about like ours. Doesn't need much, but I need to do exhaust, and the rear main, and it really needs tires and paint too. Our interior was in great shape though.

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Truck_InsidePassenger.jpg

This is my first truck, and I love it.

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, your interior looks just like mine, save the 4WD, and a different color. Ours is the XLT Lariat also. We recently changed out the tape player to a CD. I had to put new brakes, etc., and new shocks all the way around. Also put an Air Lift suspension system on the rear to help with the tow of the trailer. This is the trailer we'll be pulling:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v107_Leathercrafter_Trailer1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v107_Leathercrafter_Trailer1a.jpg

It's a 2011 model, 39', with three slide-outs. Has two bedrooms, and currently configured to sleep 10 (including couch and dinette). The back bedroom will be the shop space. Has an outdoor kitchen, too.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're going to use a 460 to pull that big ass trailer around the country? My God man, the fuel bill is gonna eat you alive.

I can add a pic, too. My 1990 F250 Lariat with 460.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_scan0003.jpg

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're going to use a 460 to pull that big ass trailer around the country? My God man, the fuel bill is gonna eat you alive.

I can add a pic, too. My 1990 F250 Lariat with 460.

The trailer, when full, only weighs about 12000. I figure I'll get about 7 to 8 miles to the gallon. Of course, it will probably be more like 7/8 of a mile to the gallon. :rolleyes:

We're not going far each segment of the trip. Mostly just a day's worth of driving, then set down for a couple of weeks. We're hoping to get a job up in the mountains of AZ next summer, so that will keep us in one spot for a couple of months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom