Pit Bull attacked my wife's German Shepherd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife came into room and woke me up just now, said neighbor's Pit Bull was killing her German Shepherd. Went out there wearing a bath towel, after I grabbed the Makarov and head phones. Pit Bull was in our yard, killing her dog, a big, friendly mutt who wandered up here a month ago. He was so friendly we took him in.

I have always felt sorry for Pit Bulls, and felt they had a bad rap against them. But not anymore. Those things are dangerous. I shot four times straight up into the air, yelling at the dog at the same time to get out of the yard. It was on top of the German Shepherd and finally left after the 4th shot. He didn't run away, he just sauntered off, like he was reluctant to leave before he finished the job.

Her dog is covered in blood, the right leg is crushed, and it is under the house, dying, I guess. I have to go to work in an hour. Now my wife is armed every time she goes outside. I made sure of that.

If someone has small children, a Pit Bull would grab and carry one away, I am sure of it.

We are friends with the neighbors, and they are taking care of this. I hope. But Pit Bulls are dangerous. I am firmly convinced of this now.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would of put that dog down. What if child gets hurt in the future?

A child would stand no chance. And I think head shots are all that would stop a dog like this. But before I call the Sheriff's department on account of the dog of a friend, I want to give them the chance to correct the situation.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A child would stand no chance. And I think head shots are all that would stop a dog like this. But before I call the Sheriff's department on account of the dog of a friend, I want to give them the chance to correct the situation.

One 124grn 9mm FMJ will drop one DRT when shot broadside through the heart/lungs.

Oh and, IBTL.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Any large dog can be dangerous. I do agree that the dog should be put down.

Just looking at his signature I would probably think this guy would be a dog advocate in most situations....Its saying something when you see people like this making those statements.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No friendly neighbor would have dog like that, much one running loose.

I have a neighbor with such a dog. His wife and son won't go into their own backyard. I have told him and the CoP that I will shoot that if he enters my yard and threatens my grandkids, wife, dogs, chickens, or anyone.

Should have tried out that UL 44 on him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom