Please help w/ FFL questions - I have problems w/ question 11c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephanieD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, no I should not lie on the form which has been the root of my dilemma! But after reading Gabriel42's reply - which are statutes - which I will look up & check myself too - seem to answer my question & show that I can answer "no" to 11c honestly.

I have a phone # to a lawyer who works w/ H&H & will see if he can help me too.

I just think it must be store policy at the big sporting goods store in Bricktown not to run ppl who answer that question "yes" because, as I mentioned, I've answered that "yes" twice w/i the last 2 yrs for 2 different guns & they called the FBI & it went thru smooth as silk. Now I've noticed that a certain store in Norman, who sold me the .9mm a couple of years ago answering "yes" to 11c, now makes me wait 30 days to put my application thru if i check "yes" to 11c - they'll sell a gun to me I just have to wait 30 days before they'll run it thru FBI.

But the more I'm reading in these responses the more I'm thinking I can honestly answer "yes".

Stephanie

StephanieD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Gabriel, thanks so much, you looked up statutes & everything for me - you rock! If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you send me the links to where you found those statutes? I'd really appreciate it, I knew there were laws stating what the min & max sentencing was for specific offenses but I didn't know where to find them & thought they may be different now than they were then.

From the looks of your statutes I can honestly answer "no".

Thanks!

Stephanie

PS - shoot me those links for those statutes if you can at your earliest convenience! Not to rush you but I am really looking forward to shooting my big shiny gold gun! I've waited just shy of a year!

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but if it was deferred it was not a conviction. The question is asking if you have ever been "convicted" of a felony or under indictment. If the charge was deferred you were not convicted. Say this happened 6 months ago and you got a 1 year deferred sentence, than I would answer yes because technically you are still under indictment. If the year has passed, you stayed out of trouble and the judge officially changed the verdict to deferred the answer should be no.

I would think your answer should be no to the question, but would definitely recommend running it by an attorney just to cover your butt.

I'm not an attorney, but that is how I interpret the question.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh come on, give her the links Gabe! LOL

Lol nope. Only reason she got as much as she did was because I was watching the World Series.

Why is this posted in two different sub-forums???

I'm wondering if this is an ATF agent trolling.

If that is the case, I'd suggest focusing more resources on getting me my damn tax stamps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom