Poachers caught...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday in the courthouse news in the paper. I'm a bit pissed though because it doesn't appear that much happened to the losers other than the one ticket for shooting out of season. There is no ticket for possession of wildlife not legally taken, which is pricey. I know how those game wardens like to write tickets on something big, surely they could have come up with more than this on someone killing a bear...

Feel free to call these jackasses and harass them, I may just post their phone numbers if I can find them...

[Broken External Image]

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are interested a person can search court records at

http://www1.odcr.com/search.php Go to the URL and search away........

For Push county----

On the court field select Pushmataha

Type of case -- Wildlife

This will let you see what type of punishments have been meted out for poaching,etc.

In the ones I have looked at recently in my opinion, most seem to get off pretty easily....

Again just my opinion..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
maybe the judge didn't get his bear this last season, and will take their hunting license, like they would worry about it anyway, but, at least they could get another charge on them the next time.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RidgeHunter's court query worked way better than the one I posted at ODCR.

Reading through some of Push County WL cases, I don't understand how they can confiscate your guns and then give them back to the poachers after a guilty plea. It's one thing to forget your hunting license and leave it in camp or something. Quite another to be spotlighting, hunting out of season,etc.

Seems to me the least should be the forfeiture of the firearm and HUGE fine...

Latest posts

Top Bottom