Poachers caught...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe the judge didn't get his bear this last season, and will take their hunting license, like they would worry about it anyway, but, at least they could get another charge on them the next time.

I know the judge fairly well and will see her Sunday night, I am gonna see what happened to these jack wads.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading through some of Push County WL cases, I don't understand how they can confiscate your guns and then give them back to the poachers after a guilty plea. It's one thing to forget your hunting license and leave it in camp or something. Quite another to be spotlighting, hunting out of season,etc.

I am going to venture to guess that many times its easier and cheaper on the taxpayers to get a guilty plea in court as oppose to fighting these jack baits lawyer. Firearms make a great bargaining chip in this process!

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
as general rule if you are caught by forest service the fines aren't as bad . but if you are caught by an actual game warden then they will take everything involved in the crime.ther was some guys busted in the same area as those mentioned above and the wardens took there truck,atv,both guns,licenses and took them to jail. this was for taking deer during muzzleloader season with high power rifles and shooting from the road. also got them for treaspassing.the forest service caught one of my worthless cousins last year with an illegal turkey and all he got was an $150.00 fine no suspension or revoked licenses.but i am glad he got caught because we had been keeping feeders and cameras on the place all winter and early spring.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a tresspaser that shot the dummy deer once. The ODW took his guns but he got them back when he went to court. Next year in the same place he had two others with him and shot the dummy deer. This time he lost his license, truck and guns.
Good for the Judge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom