Political correctness makes me sick.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When PC takes over sports, its a sad day. When I played T-ball,"many years ago". We played a game. Our team went on to the Campionship. Now T-ball is a joke. Every kid hits, every kid runs all the bases, and everyone gets a trophy. This way, the lazy parents who will not practice with their kids can still brag. We have become so scared to hurt someone's feelings, that we teach our kids that telling a lie is ok.
Let me say first. I am not a LSU fan.
The boy made a hell of a play. Give him the touchdown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been that way for a while Biggs.

When my grown daughters were in elementary school there was an awards ceremony at the end of every school year. Almost every child got an award for something (almost every means something like 95 out of 100). So at the end of the assembly none of the children who got all those awards felt very special - at least my daughters didn't and I don't imagine any of the others did either. What always bothered me though was how those children who got nothing felt. My guess, pretty rotten.

There was a time when awards weren't handed out willy nilly. When just showing up wasn't worthy of special attention. There was a time when awards meant something. A time when those who earned them felt good about themselves for having earned one and their friends felt good for them.

Now we're in a time when awards mean nothing and those who get them feel no sense of accomplishment. And now instead of a few feeling a genuine sense of accomplishment and many feeling proud for them we have many feeling nothing and a few feeling shame or wondering what is wrong with them that they werent' recognized.

Which way is better? I think the answer is self evident but apparently not to the politically correct crowd. Or maybe it is and how sad would that be?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm confused. The rule (at least as i far back as i can remember) has always been that you can't taunt your opponent in college football. As the announcer yesterday said, the coaches asked for this rule change. All that changed is that if you taunt before the play is over now you are flagged as a live-ball foul instead of a dead-ball foul. Teams would get penalized either way, so why is it that much worse to enforce the penalty from the moment it happened and as opposed to enforcing it on the next play?

I don't like that it's a subjective rule, but many in sports are.

The players know the rules before the game starts. Even Les Miles agreed with the call.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats not pc ..thats bs...next theyll penalize mma for choking a guy out for too long
another reason Im boycotting football/pro...its starting to filter down to college now..BS

Latest posts

Top Bottom