Politics, Politicians, the State Legislature and this board.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I definitely don't think I'm on the right wing side of most issues. Being a minarchist places me somewhere off the scale completely. I definitely realize that I'm in the smallest minority on this forum and my views and opinions aren't shared by many. I'm in the same class of radicals as was Samuel Adams, Patrick Henry, Thomsas Jefferson, Richard Henry Lee & Thomas Paine to name a few.

In a nutshell I view the only purpose of government is for it to protect individual liberty and promote freedom. The federal government certainly works tirelessly to infringe on all the rights we have. The state government of Oklahoma is just a group of redneck asswipes on a power trip who don't have a clue about natural rights or the desire to make Oklahoma the best state in the confederation in order to attrack business and new residents.

Being me on this forum is a lonely experience. But just being in the same company as BB makes it all worth while... lol. :)

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JimmyDaGreek??? says:
There is so much wrong with the above, it is hard to really get a start.

First, God you may think that God gave you the right to tote a gun, but evidently the people who wrote the Oklahoma law on guns didn't know that. Or, perhaps they just thought they would write Oklahoma law themselves.

No man can take them away? Well it appears to me they already have taken them away. The issue is to get them back.

Look, I am not crying about anything. I am just pointing out some issues that might help us get back what you think God already gave us. I don't need to get any thicker skin, my skin is fine just as it is.

Why don't you offer some constructive insight into this issue instead of throwing rocks?

Yep. You don't get it. You were right about being the enemy. Politicians and the power complex. "We can't??? We dun DID! Where's yer God given right NOW???"

Class.

I'm sure that 99% of politicians are ruining the name of the other 1%.

Last edited:

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sentenza, I love ya man! Can you feel it? A few words of unsolicited advice....

Remember where you are. (That's always a good idea. You wouldn't yell "Fire" in a theater, would you?)

And...

A proverb that has served me well through the years: "Don't start no trouble and there won't be no trouble."

Carry on!

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
gun laws in Oklahoma are too restrictive and have been so since state hood...................the question that begs answer to that development delves into hour history as an extremly violent frontier where violence with the gun and out laws was so rampant.
Now that being said, the second issue that NO ONE ever wants to address is WHY our country at the civilian population wants to re arm...............because to have that debate would shed light on 40 years of failed democratic socil programs beginging with the concept of jvenile delinquents in the 50's

Have the debate, look further back than just this legeslative sesson..............it truley is deeper than one thinks.

Oh and as a retired cop, I do strongly support gun ownership, and concealed carry..............I am still out on the issue of open carry but do listen to all the issues and arguments offered.........I am just an old fashioned guy like that.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you want to read what prompted the newly formed state of Oklahoma to almost immediately infringe upon the rights of the people, read the following:

http://www.guncite.com/court/state/97p260.html

It was the contention of the Oklahoma Supreme Court in Ex parte THOMAS (1908), that the pistol carried concealed was not a militia type weapon and thus not within the right to arms.

In reason the keeping and bearing of arms has reference only to war.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I will bookmark and refer to it the next time someone starts whining about the term teabagger.

Anywhoo, Some of your legislators will be taking phone calls Wed at 7pm on 'The People's Business' on your local PBS channel.
Why don't you guys all call in and ask them how they justify open carry for themselves but not the people who pay their salaries?

Latest posts

Top Bottom