Poll- Hunters: Do You Have Lifetime Hunting License?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a lifetime hunting license, if so how long?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand there is a way to use a payment plan for youth. If started before the rate increase, the price stays $775 for the combo if paid off within 1 year. You must get this started ASAP if you are using this option.

@Jared can you confirm this and fill in gaps? Thank you

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to say it since no one else seems to want to:

That price hike is disgusting and in very poor taste considering the current economy. Got some issues paying the bills? Here, we've raised our prices. Since these are decisions being made by public administrators running a feel-good department, about their own paychecks, we just happily accept their terms.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That price hike is disgusting and in very poor taste considering the current economy. Got some issues paying the bills? Here, we've raised our prices. Since these are decisions being made by public administrators running a feel-good department, about their own paychecks, we just happily accept their terms.
Well, we could apply all this outrage to rent, groceries, fuel, etc....and maybe - just maybe understand why so many "entitled" workers want to raise the minimum wage.

Or maybe we can blame unions?

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand there is a way to use a payment plan for youth. If started before the rate increase, the price stays $775 for the combo if paid off within 1 year. You must get this started ASAP if you are using this option.

@Jared can you confirm this and fill in gaps? Thank you
I have confirmed that you are correct. The installment plan application needs to be postmarked or taken to the OKC office before July 1. It cannot be submitted online.

Also, the lifetime fishing and lifetime combination license will be the only options beginning July 1.

My understanding is the third-party assessment that was done of their values showed the lifetime hunting being valued at nearly $1500 by itself. It was decided to go with the $1024 and throw in the fishing.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

These new license changes were voted into law by State legislators, that were elected by their constituents.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have confirmed that you are correct. The installment plan application needs to be postmarked or taken to the OKC office before July 1. It cannot be submitted online.

Also, the lifetime fishing and lifetime combination license will be the only options beginning July 1.

My understanding is the third-party assessment that was done of their values showed the lifetime hunting being valued at nearly $1500 by itself. It was decided to go with the $1024 and throw in the fishing.
Thank you for the information.

I know it has helped a few out with youth to be able to pay it out.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma’s lifetime licenses might be one of the best deals in the country for hunting. Even with the price hike it pays for itself QUICK

Most states have a lifetime license but most do not include big game tags.

I seem to remember reading years ago the majority of Oklahoma hunters have a lifetime permit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom