possible ebola in dallas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Africa, in an African hospital or African triage/screening area.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_ebola3_zpsdd609d17.jpg
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_ebola2_zpse1e801de.jpg

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_ebola1_zpsf61f2147.jpg

State of the art I tell ya.

I sure hope that deputy is something else. It really would blow my mind that everyone that entered the apartment would get it and the people that were living there are still not showing symptoms. That does not compute in my head. Also this disease has a R0 of 2 over there and over here it jumps to a R10? Just does not make sense.

Hopefully the powers that be are realizing the severity of the situation after this initial boondoggle. Their actions now at LAX and this deputy show a higher degree of care being taken. I still think it is wildly irresponsible to not limit travel from west Africa. If they want to catch a flight from w Africa then sit in isolation for 21 days then if healthy, board the flight.

We are suffering a severe lack of leadership and arrogant approach to Ebola. Bad part is that some Americans will pay for these mistakes with their lives while the asshats mismanaging the situation will carry on unscathed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
IMO the difference in docs/nurses catching it in Africa vs in the US, is the amount and frequency of exposure.......................... If you walk around in a room with wet paint long enough, you're eventually going to get some on you.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
State of the art I tell ya.

I sure hope that deputy is something else. It really would blow my mind that everyone that entered the apartment would get it and the people that were living there are still not showing symptoms. That does not compute in my head. Also this disease has a R0 of 2 over there and over here it jumps to a R10? Just does not make sense.

Hopefully the powers that be are realizing the severity of the situation after this initial boondoggle. Their actions now at LAX and this deputy show a higher degree of care being taken. I still think it is wildly irresponsible to not limit travel from west Africa. If they want to catch a flight from w Africa then sit in isolation for 21 days then if healthy, board the flight.

We are suffering a severe lack of leadership and arrogant approach to Ebola. Bad part is that some Americans will pay for these mistakes with their lives while the asshats mismanaging the situation will carry on unscathed.

Remember how small pox decimated the Indians, yet white people hardly had an issue??? Africans may be a little more resistant.

Also the region in Africa isn't near as porous as it is here. It's semi contained there.....here it is wide open and ripe for expansion.

One last tidbit. Somewhere I read that 1 person infected can contaminate 50 ppl. Out of that 50 contaminated, 5 will be affected and contagious. 3 will die. Multiply that and the numbers get huge.....or look at it as 45 ppl exposed but healthy, 3 die, 2 survive. Thus 48 out of 50 are good to go.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember how small pox decimated the Indians, yet white people hardly had an issue??? Africans may be a little more resistant.

Also the region in Africa isn't near as porous as it is here. It's semi contained there.....here it is wide open and ripe for expansion.

One last tidbit. Somewhere I read that 1 person infected can contaminate 50 ppl. Out of that 50 contaminated, 5 will be affected and contagious. 3 will die. Multiply that and the numbers get huge.....or look at it as 45 ppl exposed but healthy, 3 die, 2 survive. Thus 48 out of 50 are good to go.

Where are you getting this info in bold?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Where are you getting this info in bold?

Hmm. It's a mix of some out of country websites, prepper type sites and understanding that 600+ doctors and nurses have answered the call for humanitarian assistance. The Ebola region is semi rural and the area is very poor. The Liberian govt has travel restrictions in place, especially into and out of the area (village/town).

It helps to understand how these communities work in 3rd world areas. Not that Liberia is all 3rd world, it's not. I've never been to Africa btw, but have been in South America, from what I've seen the small villages ain't much different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom