Post Your Mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Which tree would that be, Down Deep? :rubhands: :P

Hey Dennis, that one with the long extra brow tine on the right side - does it score better as typical or non-typical? What I mean it, the score will be higher non-typical, but any idea on which list it would fall higher up or down on, relative to the other entries. Because it's awesome, and almost typical, but that long tine makes for a big deduction.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which tree would that be, Down Deep? :rubhands: :P

Hey Dennis, that one with the long extra brow tine on the right side - does it score better as typical or non-typical? What I mean it, the score will be higher non-typical, but any idea on which list it would fall higher up or down on, relative to the other entries. Because it's awesome, and almost typical, but that long tine makes for a big deduction.

Its a non-typical, and didn't score good at all either way. Good conversation piece.
Here is my opinion of B&C.
They have a place in the deer hunting community. The Perfect rack is the goal of every deer hunter.
I went to the B&C booth of the Oklahoma Wildlife Expo two years ago and scored the rack they had on display with the eyeball.
I was really close, but made a comment about deductions of symetry.
The guy blew up on me and told me I really didn't know what I was talking about and tried to belittle me in front of those standing around me about the "perfect rack".
My reply to him, was that as a land owner trying to manage a deer herd with the neighbors, was to get the herd as healthy as I can keep them and produce the biggest bucks possible within the limits of my budget. If I can grow a buck that would score 150 gross points, then I'm happy if one side is 65 and the other is 85. Its the genitics of the area.
If they have a tine broken off, one never knows how long it could have been, but lets count the gross and call it a good buck.
Just my rant, and I'll sign off now.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's something I don't understand, they would not score my buck(Top Right). Said he had 3 main beams, it being a NT I thought that was what it was all about. Can someone explain?

Latest posts

Top Bottom