Post Your Mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here at OSA, although, I have been reading this forum for over a year. I am a Californian but have lived in OK and love it there. I return every year at Thanksgving to visit the family and do a bit of hunting and fishing. I introducted myself in the General Discussion if you all wan't more details.

Anyway, here is a pic of a decent buck I got in the 2008 rifle season in Haskell county. Sorry, I don't have a pic of the mount yet. I haven't had him officially scored (I plan on doing it when I get back there this year) but the estimates are in the mid to high 140's. He is a main-frame 8 with kickers off the G2's and has a 19" inside spread.

I hope you all enjoy and look forward to visiting and gaining information from this site.

Take care,

Jason

Thats a VERY nice 8 point! Congrats!
What part of the state does the family live in?

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bow buck from 2009.

ai936.photobucket.com_albums_ad201_30BulletHoles_deer_20pictures_100_1898.jpg

Rifle buck from 2009. This is my first try at a skull mount.

ai936.photobucket.com_albums_ad201_30BulletHoles_deer_20pictures_100_1798.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here at OSA, although, I have been reading this forum for over a year. I am a Californian but have lived in OK and love it there. I return every year at Thanksgving to visit the family and do a bit of hunting and fishing. I introducted myself in the General Discussion if you all wan't more details.

Anyway, here is a pic of a decent buck I got in the 2008 rifle season in Haskell county. Sorry, I don't have a pic of the mount yet. I haven't had him officially scored (I plan on doing it when I get back there this year) but the estimates are in the mid to high 140's. He is a main-frame 8 with kickers off the G2's and has a 19" inside spread.

ai974.photobucket.com_albums_ae221_jasontassey_Deer009_1.jpg

ai974.photobucket.com_albums_ae221_jasontassey_Deer007_1.jpg

Here is a pig I recently got in California that is in the taxidermy process right now.

ai974.photobucket.com_albums_ae221_jasontassey_525.jpg

I hope you all enjoy and look forward to visiting and gaining information from this site.

Take care,

Jason

nice deer! unless your in the witness protection program... its probably alright to show your face around here.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you guys are arguing a losing battle on the b&c and p&y scoring systems there is a long line and history of tradtion your fighting against. i dont like deductions either but the way they measure a trophy isnt just on size but also how perfect it is, which is very understandible. as for dennis' deer not being scorable is just plain bs and untrue. all racks are scorable!
as for the weight idea, thats just rediculous. deer hold body weight due to the need to hold body teperature and the deer down south obviously dont need it cause its 90deg year round and thats also why canada has 300+ lb deer cause it freak'n cold!
the weight is a different idea and i have seen ideas similar in water displacement measuring but that wouldnt account for inside spread now the way we measure accounts for heigth + width + circumfrence which is all u really need to be even/fair or whatever u want to call it

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sorry dennis
ok jimmy, that guy is a idiot! if i was to score that rack i could either score it as a typical cause the rest of the rack is semi simetrical and just count the 3rd beam as an exta tine which means a big deduction or score it none typical and count it as an extra point. its a really simple rack to score. if they can score 300+ inch racks with 35 tines comming from every direction why couldnt we score a rack with just one abnormal point?
great deer by the way..... now is that extra point comming out of the skull or branching off the base of the main beam? if its not comming directly out of the skull then its not really a 3rd beam anyway and negates that idiots comment and is just a really cool really long extre brow tine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you guys are arguing a losing battle on the b&c and p&y scoring systems there is a long line and history of tradtion your fighting against.

I know that B&C, and P&Y are pretty much sealed in stone, and I really don't argue the point that much.
Right now there are two organizations that have set up their own scoring systems using gross score only. They aren't trying to get B&C or P&Y to change the way they score, but are just putting out an alternative way.
As a land owner, and wanna-be deer herd manager, My main interest is in the health of the herd, and as a secondary, would really like to see perfect racks.
Genetics play a huge part in producing racks without lots of deductions. In my area, we have some screwed up racks sometimes because of the genetics. As concentrated as our deer are, I'm sure we get some inbreeding.

By the time gun season rolls around its rare to see a buck with a complete rack. Most are all busted up from fighting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom