Post Your Mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice steel hanging on the walls as well.

Ha, I have ~20 traps up in my office and used to have more. The grapple hook is tied to an old #4 Newhouse with a U.S. Gov't stamp. I have a thing for old Gov't stamped traps.

you should be use to seeing that, seems to be a NWOK characteristic. I'm with you though, I think it looks cool!

He's a NEOK deer, and I don't remember noticing many like that. I even went back and looked through hero pictures off our lease dating back to the early 90's and he's the only one with a black brisket in all the pics. I've seen them from other areas, tho.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's a NEOK deer, and I don't remember noticing many like that. I even went back and looked through hero pictures off our lease dating back to the early 90's and he's the only one with a black brisket in all the pics. I've seen them from other areas, tho.

I live in NE and I've never really seen it around here.
But all the bucks we kill in Grant Co typically have a dark black strip running right down the middle of their chest. Our taxy knoticed it a few years ago and brought it to our attention. Said, ours are the only ones he ever sees with it?
I think it looks cool

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I live in NE and I've never really seen it around here.
But all the bucks we kill in Grant Co typically have a dark black strip running right down the middle of their chest. Our taxy knoticed it a few years ago and brought it to our attention. Said, ours are the only ones he ever sees with it?
I think it looks cool

Going to have to go back and look at some pics now too, the three on the wall from NWOK don't, dark brown but not black.

Ha, I have ~20 traps up in my office and used to have more. The grapple hook is tied to an old #4 Newhouse with a U.S. Gov't stamp. I have a thing for old Gov't stamped traps.

The guy I learned to trap from in the early 80's used drag grapples on his coyote and bobcat traps, as a 8-12 year old kid, it was a blast tracking them. The places I trap now, they could go for miles without anything to get hung up on.

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the wife's and my 2011 rifle season bucks.

i124.photobucket.com_albums_p3_Anvil1187_IMG_20120317_142612.jpg

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
okieyote those are 2 very great bucks to be proud of and love the way you have them mounted are those from canadian county if so did'nt expect to see antlers that dark from that county

Okieyote

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my mount back this past weekend. I will try to get a few pictures up. The mount itself turned out far better than I expected.

Okieyote - they both turned out nice. Will you guys be out in this country again this year?

Heck yea, we'll be back out. Was out there a lot during turkey season but never saw your truck at your house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom