Post Your Mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuskbuster

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v241_okie44_IM000643.jpg

little old comanche county buck

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but water displacement is the only way I know of to give a deer credit for every inch of bone he has grown.

I don't agree with the whole deductions business of B&C. That deer grew that antler and every inch should be a credit NOT a deduction.

B&C certainly is not perfect and unfortunately we are stuck with it.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but water displacement is the only way I know of to give a deer credit for every inch of bone he has grown.

I don't agree with the whole deductions business of B&C. That deer grew that antler and every inch should be a credit NOT a deduction.

B&C certainly is not perfect and unfortunately we are stuck with it.

I mentioned water displacement earlier but the problem is it wont account for inside spread but some people say thats not antler growth so it shouldnt count anyway but im not sure if I agree.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my 2010 mount back a month or two ago and have been too lazy to take pics. Excuse the poor pic; the lighting is weird in my office.

Quite a long wait but it came out pretty good I thought. I went over and positioned the ears, and did it a little funky because I'm weird and have to be different. It's hard to tell in the picture due to the angle, but one is kinda cupped towards the ground and one is cupped forward. My rationale behind that was to make it look like he was frozen mid-ear movement trying to locate a sound. Not sure if that's what I achieved or if he looks more like a puppy/donkey with antlers, but hey.

Cape was really nice for post-rut (and I managed not to mangle it dragging it off the ridge) and I think the black brisket is cool on this deer.

005.JPG

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll add my Hog Mount I just got back last week... posted in another thread, but why not shot him again. Shot opening weekend of deer rifle season last year. :)

i14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Redsnake_HogMount2.jpg

i14.photobucket.com_albums_a349_Redsnake_HogMount3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom