POTUS to reopen markets soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your exactly right
He did in fact speak of such authority, but he didn’t really mean to.
He’s clarified it. He’s clarified it. He doesn’t really agree with what he said now.
Why can’t people keep up with the last thing he said?
The last thing he says is the thing that matters until further notice.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He did in fact speak of such authority, but he didn’t really mean to.
He’s clarified it. He’s clarified it. He doesn’t really agree with what he said now.
Why can’t people keep up with the last thing he said?
The last thing he says is the thing that matters until further notice.

Again, what he said in reply a reporter who asked who had authority for a national plan,

"Well, I have the ultimate authority.
I've been having many discussions with my team and top experts and we're very close to completing a plan to open our country, hopefully, even ahead of schedule, and that's so important.
We will soon finalize new and very important guidelines to give governors the information they need to start safely opening their states. My administration's plan and corresponding guidelines will give the American people the confidence they need to begin returning to normal life.
That's what we want. We want to have our country open, we want to return to normal life. Our country is going to be open and it's going to be successfully opened, and we'll be explaining over very short number of days exactly what is going to be.
We've also, as you've probably heard, developed a committee. We're actually calling in a number of committees with the most prominent people in the country, the most successful people in the various fields. And we'll be announcing them tomorrow (Tuesday)."

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In remarks before your edit he also said “my authority is total”.
Again, not absolute.
But hey, as I said, he backed off of that on Tuesday. So no big deal.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In remarks before your edit he also said “my authority is total”.
Again, not absolute.
But hey, as I said, he backed off of that on Tuesday. So no big deal.

Spin it how ever you want. It was yet another gotta question from a biased media and everyone on the loony left is ignoring his full statement.

Okielqnder

Marksman
Reaction score
If you read what the media tells you, he did. If you read all of what he said instead of just the media sound bites you know better.

"Well, I have the ultimate authority.
I've been having many discussions with my team and top experts and we're very close to completing a plan to open our country, hopefully, even ahead of schedule, and that's so important.
We will soon finalize new and very important guidelines to give governors the information they need to start safely opening their states. My administration's plan and corresponding guidelines will give the American people the confidence they need to begin returning to normal life.
That's what we want. We want to have our country open, we want to return to normal life. Our country is going to be open and it's going to be successfully opened, and we'll be explaining over very short number of days exactly what is going to be.
We've also, as you've probably heard, developed a committee. We're actually calling in a number of committees with the most prominent people in the country, the most successful people in the various fields. And we'll be announcing them tomorrow (Tuesday)."

Which is exactly what he did and he is correct in that he has the nation wide authority to lay out a plan.
read article ten of bill of rights. He does not control businesses geeeeeeze?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He said what he said, though.
That’s the only point I was making

So when asked who has the authority for a national plan just what is he supposed to say? He has the ultimate authority, period. If he tried to pass the buck you nuts would be on him about that. If he was humble you lefties would be all over him for being indecisive or in over his head. The only thing going on is the loony left trying to hurt him before the election. That is also why the Dimocrats do not want the economy to restart and why they are pissed about him cheering on the protestors.

I can not wait to hear you guys cry when he is re-elected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom