Practicing Reloads AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen to that. Only plastic mags I have ever owned were for an old Cobray M11 and a Ruger Mini 30.

I have about 30 metal mags, some pretty, some not, and they all function fine. Ones that don't get tossed, if they have no useful parts. I think the most I ever paid for one was $10, and the cheapest was $5. Some are probably older than I am. I wonder if a Pmag will last 45 years. What's so special about them anyway?

Theyre taktikool, and well ,they won out on the torture test, by just a smidgen....8)

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saiga with plastic mag:

Same Saiga with metal mag. Wow! Metal mags even make the furniture look better too!!!

I don't own anything tacticool. Wish I did. Now I feel lame.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know my rifle and I know my mags and I know how to insert and seat a magazine, however, I have seem many fubar moments when folks lula load god knows how many rounds into a mag and try to go hot with them. They either gingerly pat pat pat them into the gun, or they act like theyre vampire hunters with a woodenn stake. Its to those folks that I say load to 28 or take one or two out of the "full" mag.

I figure if they are asking me how many rounds they should load, then they really dont know, and theres a lot more they dont know, like how to push pull, maintain their mags, charge the gun, etc.. So for the sake of a novice getting a gun that they arent 100% fully gtg on, 28 will keep em making noise longer.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know my rifle and I know my mags and I know how to insert and seat a magazine, however, I have seem many fubar moments when folks lula load god knows how many rounds into a mag and try to go hot with them. They either gingerly pat pat pat them into the gun, or they act like theyre vampire hunters with a woodenn stake. Its to those folks that I say load to 28 or take one or two out of the "full" mag.

I figure if they are asking me how many rounds they should load, then they really dont know, and theres a lot more they dont know, like how to push pull, maintain their mags, charge the gun, etc.. So for the sake of a novice getting a gun that they arent 100% fully gtg on, 28 will keep em making noise longer.

Yea , maybe you do know ....stuff....8)

I agree,,,,( if that matters... ;) )

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooting with a friend and a friend of his, both new AR owners, awhile back. I dumped a empty on the ground and inserted a full magazine and finished the stage. We were shooting on the range at my place. They both about crapped their pants! Won't that hurt the clip? Wont it get dirty?
I reminded them that, first of all it's a magazine, secondly it probably wont, and lastly, magazines can be cleaned. :fullauto:

Latest posts

Top Bottom