Prairie Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
No offense, but 3800fps out of a 30-30 is B.S. There is no way you could pack enough powder in a 30-30 casing to throw a 110gr bullet that fast. I load my 300WBY pretty hot with a 130gr barnes and only get 3550 or so. Not trying to be an A$$...just saying no way
http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/d...er&Weight=All&type=Rifle&Order=Powder&Source=
Yeah, thats not right, maybe I meant 2800... Hell I dont remember, its been a long time and I have mad cow disease...lol
I'm pretty sure it was hotter than this chart reflecs?

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a blast!
We shooting them on the places we antelope hunt. When we get wore out chaseing speed goats we break out the rifles and shoot some prarie rats. Most the people we know out there would let just about anyone who asked shoot some. The problem is I'm in the Tulsa area as well and it's tough to justify 7 hr drive just to shoot PD. Not to mention it's a big risk to drive that far to just knock on doors.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where does your 7 hour drive take you?

7hrs for me from BA would be the same for you from Owasso.... 412 straight west to the end of the pan handle. Once u can see New Mexico, Colorado and Texas all at the same time while still standing in Oklahoma, knock on every door you find :)

We don't really have any honey holes to speak of... The whole area is a Prairie Rat honey hole.

W

Watchrepairguy

7hrs for me from BA would be the same for you from Owasso.... 412 straight west to the end of the pan handle. Once u can see New Mexico, Colorado and Texas all at the same time while still standing in Oklahoma, knock on every door you find :)

We don't really have any honey holes to speak of... The whole area is a Prairie Rat honey hole.

Thanks. Sounds like its a lot of fun.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took this guy and 3-4 of his buddies when I was checking cattle last night. 204 vs. prairie dog...DRT
i921.photobucket.com_albums_ad56_257wby1911_1986987b.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom