Preppers and fitness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the satisfaction of completing the course.

I gotta be honest here ... I don't see me finishing. What I do see, and this is the one thing that has ALWAYS been my goal in any competition, is giving myself a baseline to improve on the next time I go out. I don't care if I ever beat anyone else ... what I care is that I improve from one shoot to the next.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So how far is 5K? My metric is off.

Yipes!!! 3. Sumthin miles. That's not bad, bout a hour or 2 walk.

Funny, in boot camp I did 2 miles in 12 mins n 40 seconds. My how far I've came.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta be honest here ... I don't see me finishing. What I do see, and this is the one thing that has ALWAYS been my goal in any competition, is giving myself a baseline to improve on the next time I go out. I don't care if I ever beat anyone else ... what I care is that I improve from one shoot to the next.

THIS is exactly the way to look at it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS is exactly the way to look at it.

You know, I've never been competitive the way most folks are. But if I find something that interests me I become obsessive about it and it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks or whether I ever "stack up" against anyone else ... I am such a weirdo that way ...

Is it sad that I am more worried about the shooting part than the running part?

No ... but I'm TERRIFIED of the running part. Lurker was laughing at me yesterday because I was sitting here in front of the computer, with an ice pack on my ankle, saying I'm gonna go run 3 miles ... :rotflmao: HEY!! I have until January ... :lookaroun

So ... are you gonna do it, too?? :woot: :hyper: :ooh2: :mosh: :clap3:

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure yet. Would have to iron out some details as far as babysitters and things like that. I have recently started running again so I would hope to have that part covered if I did decide to do it. Guess I need to start really practicing my shooting at the ENS's.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am not sure yet. Would have to iron out some details as far as babysitters and things like that. I have recently started running again so I would hope to have that part covered if I did decide to do it. Guess I need to start really practicing my shooting at the ENS's.

Come on. We can turn this into a team thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom