press conference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's this one mean?

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

Guidance on how to handle a transaction when two guys walk in with a gun...one guy wanting to sell to the other with a dealer handling the transfer.

It's an option right now...some people do it that way just to be safe.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a constitutional expert. There are some things that any President can do by executive order. He can't legislate via executive order. If he tries to confiscate any of your legally owned property or prevent you from using it and does it by executive order I don't think he will get by with it. That battle will be fought in the Supreme Court.

Last edited:

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a constitutional expert. There are some things that any President can do by executive order. However, I don't think that he can legislate via executive order. If he tries to confiscate any of your legally owned property or prevent you from using it and does it by executive order I don't think he will get by with it. That battle will be fought in the Supreme Court.

Yes, but only until Obama gets to nominate another justice to replace Scalia or Thomas on the SCOTUS. If one of them retires, he'll nominate another gun-hater. Then you can say bye-bye to your gun rights. Constitution be damned.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guidance on how to handle a transaction when two guys walk in with a gun...one guy wanting to sell to the other with a dealer handling the transfer.

It's an option right now...some people do it that way just to be safe.

Right but that's nothing new unless it's the first step in ending private gun sales.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
#16 is also how they will try to get people to turn them over. They will say that guns in your house are a threat to your health and therefore you have to pay double for your insurance unless you get rid of them. Eventually they will just say you cannot have treatment under Obamacare if you own a gun. And if the Dr will not find out who has guns they will refuse to pay for Medicare/ Medicaid patients after the fact.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#16 is also how they will try to get people to turn them over. They will say that guns in your house are a threat to your health and therefore you have to pay double for your insurance unless you get rid of them. Eventually they will just say you cannot have treatment under Obamacare if you own a gun. And if the Dr will not find out who has guns they will refuse to pay for Medicare/ Medicaid patients after the fact.

If you're a big enough tool to answer that question honestly to someone whose business it certainly is not, then yes, Sir, you deserve what you get.

The EO list isn't too bad, on the surface. I'll be the first to admit I"m not smart enough to "get" certain political maneuvering at a glance like some people on here. However, if that really is all he's doing with EO, then he's doing good. There are a lot of things with the NICS that could be fixed. Restricting a man or woman with Bi-Polar Disorder from owning a gun is screwed, but restricting someone with Bi-Polar disorder who is violent from owning guns isn't a bad thing. The only problem is a lot of these measures give more power to government to decide what level of a mental disorder is and is not prohibited. Hell I know for certain that I would be labeled manic-depressive/bi-polar. I disagree with Number 17, as a lot of people would construe us as crazy for stating the second amendment is about protecting your rights from Tyranny and therefore a threat against federal LE. Some of them could even potentially be true "common sense" plugs to potential problems in already existing 2nd amendment legislation.

TLDR; Some of the EOs make sense but are open to Federalist interpretation and err on the side of Government restriction, but nothing truly devastating unless left open to the interpretation of truly sick individuals, IE the left.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

Those two seem the most dangerous to me.

Narrowing 14 to "gun violence" only seems off to me. What about any kind of dramatic violence?

I see 15 leading to things like "microstamping" and "electronic locks". Both of which are ridiculous.

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw nothing super devastating in there, either. But it could just be to try and placate people until the real blow comes. He sees the swell of pro 2A support and I'm sure he's trying to calm us down. I'm not gonna calm down. I'm not gonna quit what I'm doing unless this crap is completely defeated and anyone voting for it is voted right out of their cushy jobs!

Latest posts

Top Bottom