Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS GEN II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, but the situation has changed. Well, several situations actually. The main one being a necessity to engage multiple targets out to 500+ yards without changing the dope on my red dot. Hold overs with a shorty barrel at that distance are more problematic than with a full length barrel. Btw, Mr. Glock, the new family addition will be here late next week.

Great news!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Vortex Strike Eagle is another option in the $300 range, but I doubt it is any better than the PA. It is also Chinese glass. There is some speculation that it is built in the same factory. Tube body and turrets look identical.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats kind of the impression I have been hearing, aestus. It seems like one has to jump directly to the $1200 plus range to solve the eye box issue. I have heard the newer Japanese version will cost considerably more than the current version as well. I really wish I hadn't sold my Elcan Spectre at this point.

How have you found the build quality or ruggedness?
Also, what mount are you using?

Build quality is great. Very rugged and no issues banging it around. The turrets are nice and stiff. Doesn't have the nice snap with the clicks, but it's there. Just a lil more mushy. I'm currently using it in an American Defense mount. I would recommend getting the extended mount for this depending on your length of pull. This is a very long scope and if you're a nose to charging handle type of shooter, you're going to need an extended recon style mount or be ok with mounting possibly on the handguards.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im pretty much set on a variable mag scope with a clear red dot, clean bdc and ranging reticle, and a convincing 1x.

Im considering several scopes, but i will probably end up with another Elcan. I just dont know if i will have one before Pawnee. The price of the PA scope has me intrigued, but im not expecting $2000 performance from it. I really like the acss reticule. Lots of information, but very clean.
The Burris bdc reticle is almost what im looking for. I dont like the 200 and 300 aiming dots, or the windage lead hash marks. Exit pupil is a little larger at 4.8 though.

I think this will serve you well for Pawnee. If it means anything, scope combo is what i was planning to run at the Pawnee run if I had signed up in time.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That 500 yard station at pawnee has me rethinking my scope configurations as well

Fret not

images2.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20110409040936_callofduty_images_b_b9_M1_Garand_Iron_Sights_BRO.png

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL! That worked pretty well when it was just one target at 500. I have to say some sort of hold-over reticle is probably going to be the fastest way to do it the way we are setting it up this time though. I'm still probably just going to shoot it with my trusty Aimpoint and co-witnessed irons.

I may have found your scope UMB. Or mine, hell. I just learned about the new Trijicon Accupower. Street price under $700, and is available with either the ACOG reticle or mil hashes. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trijicon-RS...728?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae9816308

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used one of these PA scopes for the zombie run n gun in Texas and it held up just fine. Held zero perfectly even with throwing it through tires and dropping it in tunnels. No issues at all and i will be using it again for the Pawnee run n gun in July. The glass is good quality for the price point. The illumination is dim for bright daylight shooting, but you can see the BDC just fine w/o it in the daylight. I use the Burris P.E.P.R. QD mount and have really enjoyed it so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom