Probably my last gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
haven't been to one since wannemaker was still like $5 to get in, and don't remember paying for parking. Tooo dang high for me, there not even entertaining anymore. In the 90's the small towns would have little shows that were kind of fun, anyone got any feedback on any of those. OKC shows rank up there with our gunshops..sponsors withstanding. :)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am amazed at what has happened to gun shows. I went to the one at the fair grounds today and what a loser of a show that turned out to be.

Prices are high and when you add the 12 dollar admission to it, it is even worse.

I did manage to find a holster and a knife...knife was a good deal, holster was over priced by a good bit but I really did want it.

Pretty small crowd.

Normally the Grand National is pretty darn good but I'll agree, it has gone significantly downhill.

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everone needs to make some money! But the high cost of the show is why I don't go to all of them anymore! Also the prices are often higher to off set the cost of the tables they rent. But the end story is that the shows aren't what they use to be! We have been scared about the Goons in Washington banning Gun Shows but what is happening we are killing the shows ourselves by over pricing, over charging the door, and not getting a fair price on what we bring there to sell. And now people are talking about not going any more and that will KILL our Gun Shows,

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
haven't been to one since wannemaker was still like $5 to get in, and don't remember paying for parking. Tooo dang high for me, there not even entertaining anymore. In the 90's the small towns would have little shows that were kind of fun, anyone got any feedback on any of those. OKC shows rank up there with our gunshops..sponsors withstanding. :)

Us too.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Durant has one put on by the Rotary Club every Fall. It's good. Ada Gun & Knife Club does a good one every year. A Duncan group used to put on a good small show. These were all $5-6 and were kinda enjoyable to attend.

There's a commercial show in Durant in January.

packnpair

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were going to go, then something came up........wasn't real enthused about the $12 entry fee, but then, I thought, what the heck, I'd spend more than that going to a 2 hr. movie and just decided to look at it as paying for a days worth of entertainment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom