Probably my last gun show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The poor economy is showing up in the gun shows too...

Remember, dealers are trying to sell also to make it worth their while. If you make the right offer, you might end up with the gun even if it would normally not buy it in a stronger economy.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's a bunch of dealers who don't understand simple economics.
They made a bunch of money during the scare and don't realize people aren't panic buying anymore.
It's thier turn to get burned now.

av8r

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, the admission price has gotten out of hand. I stopped going a couple of years ago. I try to buy locally or on line. Maybe when people stop going they will lower the door price.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is something fundamentally wrong with paying merchants good money just to get in the door and look.

At what is mostly junk...
And get lied to about it...
And have to walk by booths run by NAZI Skinheads
And have to deal with knotheads who don't know the difference between Remington .223 and NATO 5.56X45
And listen to stupid stories about why this AK costs $900 because it has special furniture and it's been illegal to import them since '80 and all it really is is just a standard ole WASR-10
And see a beater SKS with a worn and pitted bore priced at $339 and trying hard to hold my tongue while some poor schmuck who doesn't know any better is laying out his hard earned cash 'cuz he thinks he's getting a deal on a good rifle
And the list goes on and on and on...

Yeah I'm a complainer. Haven't been to a gun show in 2 years and regret going to that one. I kind'a miss 'em - the kind we used to have 10, 15, 20 years ago. Don't miss 'em anymore. Don't have the energy nor the desire to search out what few deals there are.

Gun shows are going the way of the Do-Do bird.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chances are if you have a bad attitude before going in the doors, you'll have a bad one afterwards. Simply put, if you don't like them..don't go.

I thought this weekends show sucked as compared to other Diener / Sooner shows of the past, but I still enjoyed it. I do agree the entry fee is way too high and they are shooting themselves in the foot with it.

However, if you're gonna cry about there not being any bargains, I can't agree with ya. If you didn't see any there, you're blind or don't look hard enough. I had no problem finding several. I purchased a Remington 1100 for $200, an uberti .357 lnib for $275, a Winchester model 70 30.06 with scope & sling for $280, etc. I saw a ton of other bargains, but had my wife with me...ha! Saw a P3at sell for $175, a S&W 686 sell for $350, a VERY nice NHM -90 (straight cut rec) sell for $350, and the list goes on!

I think the mindset of people before they ever walk in the door is the problem. They bring in used guns and get pissy when they don't get full retail out of them (or offers that meet their standards). Or, they come in specifically looking for a gun and expect to only see examples at the prices they want to give. If you go looking for a S&W 642 for $350, don't get upset when they are all priced at $435, just keep looking. Try that online and you'll find the same thing.

But, if you are going just looking for bargains in general...they aren't that hard to find at shows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom