Processing new .223 Brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dradave

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a 1000 cases of new .223 brass for reloading. I have the dies but I don't have the other equipment to process rifle cases and I really don't want to buy any right now. Can I reload these cases as is without trimming, deburring and cleaning the primer pockets? I guess what I'm asking is are they good to go right out of the box.

Thanks...

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should be good to go right out of the box. I'd still full length re size them and put a set of calipers to a half dozen just to make sure. But that is it.

Why new brass? you should be able to find processed brass much cheaper

dradave

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
tyromeo55, I wanted new brass initially because I don't have any equipment at this time to process used brass before loading.

Now that sol.torluemke has posted the link to www.scharch.com, I'll explore using their pre-processed brass instead of new brass.

Thanks all for responding...

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tyromeo55, I wanted new brass initially because I don't have any equipment at this time to process used brass before loading.

Now that sol.torluemke has posted the link to www.scharch.com, I'll explore using their pre-processed brass instead of new brass.

Thanks all for responding...

Good deal!

Top Brass is real nice but, If you do a little searching you can find it cheaper but probably not as nicely done. If you buy their primed brass you might look and see if they crimp the primer pockets still. That is what initially turned me away from their fully processed stuff Try Gunbroker too. ive found some good brass deals there too

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How frequent trimming .223 reloads shot through an AR? Shouldn't need to trim anymore than reloads shot through a bolt-action rifle, right?

There really is not a science to it as there are many factors that contribute to the rate brass "grows" I check every loading but... I'd think you should be able to get two or three loadings after a trim if they are not too hot and you are full length resizing them like you should be

Latest posts

Top Bottom