Proposed Baiting Regulation Changes for ODWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but why should baiting be illegal only on public land and not private as well? If we're trying to save the herd, shouldn't baiting be completely outlawed?

Cause the states argument is to save controversy between hunters on public. They don't care about private. The health issue is FishFurLife's deal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In most cases CWD has come from Pen raised deer/elk that are being bred for their growth genetics. The disease has spread a lot from animals that have escaped the confined areas.
If we are going to address a source of a future problem, shouldn't one start from the root cause?

Agreed.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your definition of hammering and mine must be two completely opposite definitions. Not arguing, just my opinion. There is no oak grove in the state that is seeing the same use as it was in late Oct after the first freeze (or whenever your first freeze was).

How is this for a definition of "hammering"

At least 5-15 deer every morning and evening and a few throughout the day eating for up to an hour sometimes a lot longer in the evenings. They also bed down right there in the open at night. This is in the front yard which is about 1/2 acre of solid oak trees.
As for a freeze, this is the coldest is been all year here. We really havent had a good hard freeze yet. Which doesnt matter cause the deer do this every year. This place puts off a TON of acorns though.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy corn by the ton as well. I don't see where that has anything to do with the baiting/cwd issue in Ok. I'll stand on my comments.

Not trying to say that. Just trying to point out that saying that bait piles are are small in Ok comapered to Tx is a little far fetched. Yes, I am sure there are instances that this is true, but Texas is how many times larger than Ok?

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is this for a definition of "hammering"

At least 5-15 deer every morning and evening and a few throughout the day eating for up to an hour sometimes a lot longer in the evenings. They also bed down right there in the open at night. This is in the front yard which is about 1/2 acre of solid oak trees.
As for a freeze, this is the coldest is been all year here. We really havent had a good hard freeze yet. Which doesnt matter cause the deer do this every year. This place puts off a TON of acorns though.

Hammering a 21,000 square foot area compared to hammering a 20 square foot area is exponentially different. It's apples and oranges.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been feeding on public land for 10 years. I feed year around and keep many mineral sights available. I believe that my efforts have created a MUCH healthier deer herd where I hunt! I have pics to prove it! I gave the ODWC my input! Hopefully they will not screw this up for not only me, but other hunters like me that work hard to try to take a nice deer on public land!

Latest posts

Top Bottom