Prosperity Gospel/Seed Faith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you all imagine how awesome it would be if the church took "donations" at the point of a gun and if you failed to comply they had the authority to shoot or imprison you? I mean they could explain that it was for the common good, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor and what not.

We all worship something...

i9.photobucket.com_albums_a53_Kajidono_reaction_1313910213375.png

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is bunch of crap perpetrated by charlatans and snake oil salesmen. They claim God will bless yada yada if you give bucks to their ministry. God has no favorites and it doesn't matter if one gives a little or a lot, God blesses people regardless of their giving. Based on what some "ministers" say is, basically God will love you more if you give to their ministry. God loves us all unconditionally, and that means regardless of what we do he loves us all the same.
And the Bible says "Owe no man"-how does that work out with credit cards can be used for donations? Or some churches used to have ushers come down the aisle with a credit card imprint machine to receive...

By the way, I had a half-brother who spent more time in jail and penitentiaries than I spent in the military and he thought about being a preacher because of the tax exemptions. He ran a scam here in Okla that Channel 4 exposed. He'd of to a home and try to sell energy efficiency remodeling. There is a three day cooling off period and if he started construction before the three days were up in negates the cooling off. He'd have a thermostat in his brie case and screw it to the wall-no wiring attached- and that constituted construction. He was jerk 1st class thief and worn-out punk thief.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you all imagine how awesome it would be if the church took "donations" at the point of a gun and if you failed to comply they had the authority to shoot or imprison you? I mean they could explain that it was for the common good, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor and what not.

We all worship something...

You mean like the IRS and the Affordable Care Act and Social Security and stuff?

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a long ways from a cheerleader for "prosperity preachers" or their theology. Rather, I was commenting on the general thought that church offering and tithes are foolish or some how a scam only perpetrated on those rubes who ascribe to a Creator and Saviour.

Sanford: I know many everyday people who worship government as I interpret worship. Many in that same group would argue that the IRS is only necessary to bring about punishment on those sinners/citizens unwilling to offer their fair share upon the alter. Beyond that, I'm going to need a more thorough explanation of the question.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sanford: I know many everyday people who worship government as I interpret worship. Many in that same group would argue that the IRS is only necessary to bring about punishment on those sinners/citizens unwilling to offer their fair share upon the alter. Beyond that, I'm going to need a more thorough explanation of the question.

IMO your answer is pretty much on the money ... which, speaking of things people worship ... oh, never mind.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought that the "Prosperity Gospel" could be traced back to Amy Semple McPherson, one of my very favorite "characters" from American history. Whatta gal!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I always thought that the "Prosperity Gospel" could be traced back to Amy Semple McPherson, one of my very favorite "characters" from American history. Whatta gal!

It goes way back. Jesus turned the tables because the priests were charging people to make a sacrifice at Passover. The priests were selling 1 sheep to like 50 ppl and telling them they'd sacrifice it for them later......then they'd sell the same sheep to 50 more suckers. They also passed laws that required you to buy their sheep......no animals were allowed in town by order of the high preist.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It goes way back. Jesus turned the tables because the priests were charging people to make a sacrifice at Passover. The priests were selling 1 sheep to like 50 ppl and telling them they'd sacrifice it for them later......then they'd sell the same sheep to 50 more suckers. They also passed laws that required you to buy their sheep......no animals were allowed in town by order of the high preist.
Amy made them temple priests look like pikers. One of a kind, that gal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom