Public Land Turkey Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kaw has turkey on it. Lots of pressure though with the Kansas hunters being in there.
There are turkey to be taken if one is willing to get away from the road.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
head out to black kettle. It is an awesome place with broken up areas and tons of birds. There are usually alot of folks out there, but always enough room for all of us. I generally dont go opening weekend to let the crowd thin out. Ill post you a link with some maps

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/cibola/travel-management/tm_black_kettle/bk_mvum_web_map.pdf

these are the best maps available that I have found. It makes it easier if you have a buddy that can navigate. Highlight the main roads and list the country roads on all the maps also. It makes life alot easier. If you need somemore info shoot me a pm. There is lodging at M's Motel, Cheyenne Motel, or the Crotten Creek Ranch. I prefer to stay at the Cheyenne Motel, but book your roome early. Most are booked up due to all the wind farm construction going on right now. Crotten Creek Ranch has awesome dinner for $10 a plate......damn good food. I think its only firday and saturday.

I can wait till turkey season....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would have to definately second everything Davs2601 said. A buddy and I went out there last season during the last few days just to try some new country and that place was infested with birds. It was my first time to turkey hunt public land and when we arrived midday there were gobblers gobblin everywhere, so immediately we thought this was to good to be true but it was true. We saw only one other truck and both missed nice longbeards with stick and string. It's worth the drive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom