Public Restroom Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about the number of people I see going to the bathroom and then quickly exiting without washing their hands? Didn't their folks teach them good manners and hygene? My kids do it automatically now since we have stressed it since they were toddlers.

Good Lord you are right! The US (and our Allied forces) learned and were extremely good about enforcing hand-washing standards in Iraq and Afghanistan - after using the porto-potties, before entering the chow-halls, etc - and we can probably give that practice a lot of credit for the relative lack of communicable disease outbreaks during our expeditionary warfare.
Since then I've come to see my fellow citizens in a new, and disgusting light, as a whole mass of potential typhoid Mary's too lazy or stupid to take the 30 seconds required to keep themselves and others safe. Yuck.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its really disgusting in there. It really sucks for me because I sometimes spend entire afternoons in the restroom to make a little more cash and it makes things so much worse when there are unflushed stalls.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey???? Was this at a gun show??????

Now, here is where I get serious and REALLY tick off the participants of this "fine establishment of discerning adults."

I've got a saying that I like to use, but it loses its effectiveness when it is written instead of being heard, because my voice inflection just really caps it off. That saying is:

"Germs are our friends."

Seriously folks, how do you suppose we build immunities anyway? Anecdote: My kids partly grew up on a farm. On farms, especially those with horses and cattle, one's hands get into some dirt. Our kids were always playing out in the dirt and everywhere else they could. To this day, they are pretty darn healthy and seldom get sick enough to even lose one day of work. Same applies to me. By contrast, my sister's kids weren't allowed to play outdoors in the dirt and every little bug that comes around makes them sick for at least two days, and they complain the whole time.

Now, bathrooms; one finishes up, washes hands, uses paper towel to open door, holds door with foot while trying to hit the trash can with the "to be discarded towel, which often misses," steps out the door and then proceeds to walk somewhere and place their hands where everyone else has as well. Really? What's to gain from all that extra nonsense just to leave paper towels on the floor?

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago was standing at exit to restroom at state fair waiting on my son to finish. As he was walking out I said go back and wash your hands. Standing beside him was an older guy, he said O sorry and went back and washed his hands. Gave me a chuckle for the rest of the day. I guess he thought I was sanitary police.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago was standing at exit to restroom at state fair waiting on my son to finish. As he was walking out I said go back and wash your hands. Standing beside him was an older guy, he said O sorry and went back and washed his hands. Gave me a chuckle for the rest of the day. I guess he thought I was sanitary police.

Lmao that's funny

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
funny-proper-urinal-etiquette-pics.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom