Pulled over and stopped at a DUI checkpoint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...hensch says a bunch of logical stuff....

This is good stuff. You don't get more libertarian on OSA than henschman, and we often take different positions but even he understands that the individual is often just as responsible for how things go down as the LEOs are, and that sometimes method/delivery matters.

I don't like suspicion-less stops either, but they are the law of the land. You don't win the fight against them by hiding behind a slightly open driver's side window. You just look like a twit on youtube.

Wonder how many times this individual has met with his police chief, mayor, or state legislators to discuss the practice?

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is good stuff. You don't get more libertarian on OSA than henschman, and we often take different positions but even he understands that the individual is often just as responsible for how things go down as the LEOs are, and that sometimes method/delivery matters.

I don't like suspicion-less stops either, but they are the law of the land. You don't win the fight against them by hiding behind a slightly open driver's side window. You just look like a twit on youtube.

Wonder how many times this individual has met with his police chief, mayor, or state legislators to discuss the practice?

I think he did one better. Instead of getting upset himself and just him throwing a fit about what was done he has successfully cornered a section of the nation that sides with him to attack the injustice.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he did one better. Instead of getting upset himself and just him throwing a fit about what was done he has successfully cornered a section of the nation that sides with him to attack the injustice.

You have more faith in the electorate than me. There have been dozens of these "sting" videos of similar interactions with LEOs posted on line over the years. Where's the outrage? Where's the "movement"?

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How come the LEOs didn't check/drop/destroy the video device? That's my question. This is my statement; if they wanted to, they could say he resisted - I don't know - just make something up, you know. Their word against his. Then guess what? He would lose his CCL - if he has one. He made his point, but there is no way I'd jeopardize losing my CCL the way he did.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't actually know he even has a ccl. Furthermore there is now evidence that he was out looking for trouble as many on here have suggested. It is not uncommon for the younger generation to have a camera of some sort on them at almost all times and even a phone could very well and probably does have the ability to do the recording. For all we know he could just be going home from getting off work or from just leaving the grocery store. The way I view the video it seems like just a guy going home, saw what was going on in front of him as there was probably a buildup of traffic, and decided that he is tired of his rights being infringed upon. Then he decided video tape the encounter to prove he was compliant with the law but nothing more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom